Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Starting OSA Therapy Tomorrow Night
RE: Starting OSA Therapy Tomorrow Night
Here is my data for last night. I made the recommended changes by @Sleeprider. I slept better than my first night but because of facial hair my SomniFix did not seal my mouth all night and I know I had a big leak in the middle of the night that I tried to fix. I am very happy with the way things are going. And am looking forward to the future.

I want to thank everyone for the help and encouragement! 

Brian

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Looks very good besides the leak thing. So you know the homework assignment. Work on the leak control and repeat this OSCAR result. Congrats.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Dave! I am looking forward to my homework Smile

#shavelikeyourgrandfather
Post Reply Post Reply
Another night's results. I got up once for the bathroom and had a huge water collection in the mask at around 3:15am from changing the humidity to help with congestion.

Post Reply Post Reply
Chart isn't bad, events are controlled.

OK so it sounds like there was rainout in the mask. Do you have the heated hose? If yes, turn it up a few degrees. If not, try to suspend the hose so that it's something like an inverted V, heading uphill from the PAP to the suspension point and downhill very little to the mask. This uphill section should encourage rainout to drain back to the humidifier tub.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, I have the heated hose and had prior been using the Auto for both settings. Do you have any recommendations for the settings??
Post Reply Post Reply
Heated hose go manual. Your ResMed ought to allow heated hose in single whole degrees up to 86. Try 78-80 manual, but drop it a little if it gets uncomfortable. The goal is to keep the hose warm enough to keep the moisture in the airstream so you inhale moist air. Edit the setting up or down to suit from there.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the info and all the encouragement. I really appreciate it. I will try it tonight.
Post Reply Post Reply
OK best to your success.
Post Reply Post Reply
Here is last night's data. I was tired and fell asleep very quickly unlike the other nights. I guess I am getting used to wearing the mask/CPAP Therapy. It was great getting the right humidity settings. Thanks Dave!!! I think my settings in general are really good. I will let those more experienced confirm my feelings. The only thing I feel I need to work on is my mask. I really like the ResMed AirTouch N20 mask but the right side of my nose is getting bruised. I checked the mask fitting last night and it feels very comfortable so I am not sure if it is my fault with fitting it and why only on 1 side.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,069 Yesterday, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 166 Yesterday, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Therapy help rekaviv 9 254 Yesterday, 11:22 AM
Last Post: rekaviv
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,267 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  MrIvanDrago - CPAP|Bi-PAP Therapy Journey MrIvanDrago 67 3,357 03-26-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Marcin's Therapy Thread marcinpiskala 20 966 03-23-2024, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Jakespeare65 - Therapy Help jakespeare65 26 815 03-22-2024, 12:55 PM
Last Post: jakespeare65

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.