Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Starting from Ground Zero
Starting from Ground Zero
Hello All,

I am a very much a novice to the CPAP game, so please be patient with me. I had a sleep study a while back, and after waiting a while, my doctor let me know that I had sleep apnea and that he would recommend a CPAP machine. Well, some time passed, and I never followed up on it, and I don't have insurance anymore. I still want to treat my sleep apnea, I think its finally time, and I bought a ResMed Airsense 10 Autoset, but have zero clue how to set it up and can't access my results from the sleep study. So I am in a bit of a weird spot, I had the sleep study done and my pulmonary doctor at the time told me I had mild sleep apnea, but its not like I can go back and just pull up the results. I know the Airsense 10 autoset is a good machine, I saw people praising it on reddit, but I have no clue what to do when it arrives or even how to set it up. I may need some hand-holding through this, but I would greatly appreciate any help I can get to improve my sleep a bit at a time.

Best, Forza
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Starting from Ground Zero
Hi Forza,
Welcome to Apnea Board!

While you're waiting for your new AirSense to arrive, take this time to set up the OSCAR software.  

Also review the OSCAR Guide.
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

You will need a SD card in your machine while you sleep.  Your machine may or may not come with one.

Order the Clinicians Manual.  This will help you learn the ins and outs of your Pap machine.
https://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-p...tup-manual

No worries, we'll help you set up your machine and guide you.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Starting from Ground Zero
Hello Forza,

Did you contact the place that did your sleep study and request a copy of the report?
Just because you are currently uninsured, shouldn't mean you can't have a copy of a completed study.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Anyone know what a good starting point for a woman using an ASV would be? erouting 6 91 2 hours ago
Last Post: erouting
  [CPAP] Starting therapy - 3 days in, help and recommendations joedes 2 97 11 hours ago
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Starting my journey to better sleep - guidance appreciated StuffyNoseDude 1 112 04-18-2024, 07:30 PM
Last Post: StuffyNoseDude
Smile Starting Out - Guidance Please apneavolt 20 910 04-18-2024, 07:27 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  My sleep study (starting out) sabletaurus 5 172 04-16-2024, 07:24 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Starting Again wxmcpo 10 143 04-10-2024, 02:44 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Slept fully twice in 3 months since starting CPAP for CSA redking2436 14 851 03-30-2024, 08:09 AM
Last Post: redking2436

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.