Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Starting up with a F&P SleepStyle200 Auto - with OSA + CSA + daytime CA
Starting up with a F&P SleepStyle200 Auto - with OSA + CSA + daytime CA
I have a F&Paykel Sleepstyle 200, I tried to use it but kept removing the mask (consciously due to feeling of being suffocated, or unconsciously). I got the CPAP a year ago u related to sleep apnea which I think I have. Sleep clinic referral; so I will be seen in 6 months!

I have a CMS-50F which I used during the day; I found a constant fluctuation between about 90 and 98% sats in a cyclic manner over 1-2 minute cycles. This wasn’t symptomatic except sometimes I take a single deep breath. An example : https://imgur.com/a/9Ve39d2

With a Wellue ‘Oxylink’ - which records once every minute so can’t clearly capture rapid cycles, I got this after a night (no memory of anything going wrong overnight); https://imgur.com/a/7lxqNPs

This is a long term thing I believe. I do snore and have obstructive apnea. Last night was horrific; with this graph:
https://imgur.com/a/ac1pSRj
On this graph, the regular heart rate and increased movement was me playing 3D games on my tablet to get a baseline. Then I went to sleep; this is when my heart rate becomes more chaotic; the low oxygen saturation’s are not an artifact as such, but what is missed is that I woke up (I set an alarm on my OxyLink to wake me up when sats go below 80%); so I get my oxygen up to 98% before falling asleep again very quickly. It would take a good while to get the oxygen up. But it was often 70-74% when I woke up.

I’m going to try my CPAP tonight; are there any recommended starting settings? I definitely want to go slow to avoid triggering or worsening central apnoea. I have no officially diagnosed heart failure or lung problems; my sats are 99% if I breathe normally (although I tend to have cyclic saturation’s in the day if I don’t think about it but leave a recording meter in place). I have no COPD or lung conditions. I have a few times woken up having inhaled stomach contents due to obstructive apnea, but I stopped eating in the last few hours before bed which fixed that. That was scary because of coughing up stuff from your lungs that burns your throat as you cough it up.

Anyway will post progress either way!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  My sleep study (starting out) sabletaurus 3 89 4 hours ago
Last Post: sabletaurus
Smile Starting Out - Guidance Please apneavolt 14 772 Yesterday, 10:42 PM
Last Post: apneavolt
  Starting my journey to better sleep - guidance appreciated StuffyNoseDude 0 69 04-13-2024, 06:43 PM
Last Post: StuffyNoseDude
  Starting Again wxmcpo 10 132 04-10-2024, 02:44 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Slept fully twice in 3 months since starting CPAP for CSA redking2436 14 832 03-30-2024, 08:09 AM
Last Post: redking2436
  Daytime sleepiness zzcop302 0 137 03-15-2024, 05:50 PM
Last Post: zzcop302
  What are your thoughts on dental Daytime Nightime Appliances (DNA)? NoddingHacker 13 2,809 01-24-2024, 05:55 PM
Last Post: Msevcsisin

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.