Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Stats from old Fisher & Paykel HC234?
Stats from old Fisher & Paykel HC234?
I've had a HC234 since forever, it's the Toyota Camry of CPAP machines, just can't kill it.

I had a medical for a new job today and declared that I use a CPAP machine. Which triggered a request for a download from my machine to verify that I'm actually using it. The doctor was incredulous when I told her that there's no bluetooth or SD card slot on the old machine.

The manual tells me that the plugged opening on the back of the machine is a serial port, but it looks like no serial port I've ever seen before. Has anyone here got stats from this model machine via the serial port?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Stats from old Fisher & Paykel HC234?
Does it look like the connector would fit the attached pic?

It reads to me like limited data is available from that machine if you have the serial cable AND the software...

"Serial Cable Accessory connects later model SleepStyle CPAP machines to a PC serial port. The Compliance Maximizer software allows users to download day-to-day compliance data such as compliant time, humidity settings and a summary report for specific time periods.

This serial cable works with the following SleepStyle CPAP Machines:
HC232
HC234
HC236
HC238
HC604
HC608
Manufacturer: Fisher and Paykel
Manufacturer's part number: 900HC232"

I just googled "F&P HC234 serial cable and found one for about $27. But, do the folks asking for the data have the right software?

Can they force you to buy a new machine?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
(12-19-2022, 08:48 AM)Brazen Wrote: Does it look like the connector would fit the attached pic?

That's the other end of the cable, that plugs into an old school PC serial port. I'd need to add a serial-to-USB adaptor to plug it into my laptop.

Unfortunately the supplier doesn't ship to Australia, and I can't find anyone in Australia selling that cable.
Post Reply Post Reply
Just got a Stackry account and ordered one. Thanks Brazen!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fisher and Paykel Solo Columbiabill 30 4,553 04-13-2024, 08:35 AM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  [News] Fisher and Paykel Evora Full SarcasticDave94 155 17,034 03-06-2024, 09:03 AM
Last Post: SheShells23
  Update on Stats After Constant Use of Knightsbridge Chin Strap cmpman1974 6 426 03-01-2024, 05:47 AM
Last Post: CPAPfriend
  5 years and never looked at the stats, need advice StephenB 5 388 02-08-2024, 05:00 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
Question [CPAP] Oura Ring Sleep Stats with CPAP FooMan 2 1,208 01-13-2024, 07:34 PM
Last Post: Chask
  OSCAR - computing stats for subsection of night confinedmind 6 449 01-07-2024, 01:43 AM
Last Post: paulag1955
  Your thoughts on my stats Brennie 60 2,670 12-30-2023, 09:03 PM
Last Post: Brennie

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.