Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Still confused, and I feel terrible!
RE: Still confused, and I feel terrible!
We have not looked at CA events closely enough to understand them. Change in settings often have unintended consequences, but I don't think trying zero EPR or reducing pressure will have a major impact on your therapy. The EPR is the most influential factor for CA, and if you want to go without it, it's not going to be a problem. You will decide what works best and is most comfortable for yourself. We are only here to facilitate you having the skill to do so. It's a forum so you may get conflicting opinions or advise, but in the end you're responsible for your own therapy. Go for it.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Guys, 

Can someone offer some insights into why these two charts (with the same person, settings, bed, etc.) are so different? Solutions are welcome as well. I felt good yesterday, and today I am back to being a zombie. This one day on, one day off pattern has been my norm since this started almost three years ago. Are CAs my biggest problem? Do I need an even lower baseline pressure? This makes no sense to me. 

Best,

Justin

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
I'm also still confused if I need to be focused on eliminating flow limitation, complex apneas, or both!?
Post Reply Post Reply
I see some clustering of the CAs in the second chart.  However, in both charts, if you flick your vision down and back up again from the events graph to the leaks two below, you'll see that they are at least associated.  There may be something going on there.

Also, while there are CAs going on, I don't know if they are lengthy.  It's not great that they are there at all, but if they are short and somewhat sparsely populated, there isn't much worth worrying about.  At times, maybe three or four days a month, my own chart looks somewhat the same.  I ignore all CAs less than 12 seconds because the chances are excellent that they meant I'm holding my breath, or relaxing after, turning over or rearranging the covers.

I seriously think you are developing some not inconsiderable anxiety over nothing.  If your nightly reports say you're going north of 4.0, I would make a concerted effort to tackle it one way or another, even if just to change masks or fiddle with the headgear fit.  But you are doing well.
Post Reply Post Reply
I am concerned about the central apneas because they range in duration from 10 seconds to 40 seconds. Additionally, despite my low AHI, I feel fatigued.
Post Reply Post Reply
Any other ideas?
Post Reply Post Reply
JL3000.

Hi.  I just had a really in depth discussion with ApneaQuestions and Sleeprider on my thread today about CA.  If you are interested see:  Try starting from this post on (In anticipation of my BIPAP RE: NEW THREAD)  

Good Luck.

Plmnb
Huhsign  WARNING: It may take a while to sink in...I tend to get befuddled at times.
Post Reply Post Reply
Awesome! Thank you!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Low AHI but still feel tired everyday Abhi 5 223 2 hours ago
Last Post: staceyburke
  Feel like my CPAP machine is killing me jimbob123 1 93 03-27-2024, 05:42 AM
Last Post: Rich66
  CPAP making me feel very tense while I'm asleep jlpool 15 836 03-16-2024, 05:34 PM
Last Post: jlpool
  Feel worse on lower EPR even though AHI seems the same? LarkinM 10 330 03-14-2024, 10:53 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Having a terrible time--please help with OSCAR Montacute 25 811 03-06-2024, 10:27 AM
Last Post: sarahsleeps
  [Symptoms] CPAP(UARS) user 10+ years, still feel terrible DB10 17 1,020 03-05-2024, 09:37 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Treatment] First PAP usage (BiPAP) for treating UARS + Maybe OSA - Feel like hyperventilating? OneShleepyBoi 21 906 03-02-2024, 06:35 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.