Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Strange black powder or soot problem
RE: Strange black powder or soot problem
(11-12-2012, 08:56 PM)2Tim215 Wrote: Sorry you had to endure this issue but the good news is that you just gave me the evidence I need to order nothing but the hypoallergenic filters! That was an impressive difference to say the least. Glad you figured it out now, I'm sure tonight you will sleep better!Smile

I was thinking the same thing. Just ordered more hypoallergenic ones myself. There was a definite difference between the two. The hypoallergenic one was under the regular one, meaning the regular filter let all of that through.

Better sleep tonight, definitely!
Post Reply Post Reply
This EXACT thing happened to me recently! I'm a bit freaked out by it. This thread is very old. If you're still here and want to talk about it, let me know.
Post Reply Post Reply
Candle wax contains paraffin. This is the 'fuel' that produces the flame and, when it is burning, you are essentially burning paraffin while the wax melts and flows down into the candle holder. On top of this, the wick material is combusted.

So, whenever a candle is burned, soot from both the burnt paraffin and the wick is produced and distributed into the room by virtue of heated air sweeping up the sides of the candle and being 'ejected', like a low-power jet engine.

You only have to hold a white card a few inches above a lit candle to see how much soot is produced, and it can be a lot. Not healthy! Incense sticks are similarly-unhealthy polluters, and have been linked to respiratory disease and cancer.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,576 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  [CPAP] ResMed Air Sense 10 Auto Off Problem Buddie43 19 26,333 03-05-2024, 10:50 PM
Last Post: Ailyhsaun
  Are these flow limits my problem? k888 87 5,474 02-26-2024, 12:02 PM
Last Post: k888
  [Treatment] Are leaks the problem or do I need BIPAP? TiredDude 3 333 02-22-2024, 07:52 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New VAUTO, strange settings pulmonologist edgnoj 25 1,215 02-22-2024, 10:51 AM
Last Post: edgnoj
  [CPAP] Is my leak rate a problem? Kevstuf 5 552 02-08-2024, 10:25 AM
Last Post: Kevstuf
  If nasal congestion is a problem, will this show in my AHI? canigetawitness1992 4 392 01-29-2024, 09:20 PM
Last Post: RNeil

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.