Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Struggling. Advice on sleep report
Struggling. Advice on sleep report
Hi everyone,

Looking for advice on how to improve my sleep. I've been using my machine for over a month and I'm still exhausted. I've attached my latest Oscar report (with two zoomed in shots of the most events). PLEASE, offer your advise and wisdom.

Most appreciative!

TMac

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Struggling. Advice on sleep report
TMac, at a pressure range of 9.0 to 14.0 with EPR 3 your therapy actually looks pretty decent, and pressure only varies by 1.5 cm between the median and 95%. There are some obstructive events that seem to arise out of otherwise good respiration, meaning that there are not preceding flow limitations or snores. Where obstructive events seem to somewhat cluster with no warning, it might suggest a positional issue. I think your therapy settings are very good, but you should focus on how your head is positioned, if there might be excessively tall pillows or somehow you find a way to tuck your chin. Your event rate does not seem clustered in a way I would immediately point to positional apnea or a soft cervical collar (see link in my signature), and it may just be a random occurrence.

Your images are a bit difficult to see as they are relatively small. The OA events you zoomed in on at 01:24 are clearly an arousal and appear to be a physical movement with a breath-hold ahead of the flagged event. I doubt the first two events are an apnea, but the third may be.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Two things, 1 try EPR =2 to reduce your centrals bit.

The events you highlighted t
I think are chin tucking. The fix is a soft cervical collar but I'm reluctant to recommend that based on one night with so little of it.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, Sleeprider. It's good to know that my pressures seem fine. I probably do tuck my chin. I've tried a cervical collar and I felt like I was being strangled. I remember ripping it off in the middle of the night...violently ripping it off.  Too-funny I think my jaw drops back at night, too. Before trying the apap I had a Tap device, which didn't seem to help my apnea.  I'm wondering if I should try the Tap with the apap? Thoughts?  And thanks for everything! I really appreciate it!
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, Bonjour! I will reduce my EPR to 2. Should I leave it on full time or change to ramp only?

Also, I've tried a cervical collar and really had a horrible experience with it. Felt like I was being strangled. Very unpleasant. 

I was saying to Sleeprider that before getting my apap a month ago, some years back I had a Tap device to made to move my jaw forward. Do you have thoughts on wearing the Tap along with my apap?

Thanks for much for your help!!!
Post Reply Post Reply
EPR should be full time
A TAP device is intended to position your jaw forward to help maintain the airway and may help with the obstructions we are seeing here, but most people find it difficult to maintain a seal while using dental devices that prevents air from entering the mouth during PAP therapy. You can try it, but if you find a lot of air trys to bypass through your mouth, remove it.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad [Treatment] Struggling to treat UARS with BIPAP Humancyclone7 1 71 9 minutes ago
Last Post: SingleH
  New to CPAP, looking for guidance and advice iamJB 16 295 4 hours ago
Last Post: Expat31
  New- CA CA-Tired help with settings advice jenjabba 8 172 Yesterday, 01:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  New Here, Been using OSCAR, Need Advice Regarding Adjustments FrankReality 26 863 03-26-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: FrankReality
  [Pressure] Advice on pressure adjustments akarifur 43 1,798 03-25-2024, 08:58 PM
Last Post: Uzupan
  Struggling with pressure etc ubuntootoo 9 271 03-22-2024, 06:19 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Pressure] Looking for advice about ASV settings rosebladepat 7 144 03-15-2024, 07:12 PM
Last Post: rosebladepat

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.