Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Stubbornly high AHI
RE: Newbie seeking advice on Oscar data - ResMed 10
You're welcome. Let us know how it changes with a collar.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Stubbornly high AHI
Following the previous helpful advice I now am using a cervical collar, and seem to have mastered the nasal pillow mask. However, my AHI is still high, but variable from 5.0 to 16.0 for no reason I can account for. Last night was typical, Daily report attached. Any insight into my data would be most appreciated. I would also add that I am getting quite strong hotflashes ... sometime two or three a night. Any reccomedations of a good pillow to work well with the cervical cvollar would also be appreciated.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Stubbornly high AHI
Please post additional OSCAR data. I have recommended this post be added to your original thread. It's best to keep all your posts on what is essentially the same topic in the same thread. It's easier for those trying to assist you.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Melman. Is this the required information? Thanks for your help

Attached Files
.pdf   img005.pdf (Size: 56.84 KB / Downloads: 7)
.pdf   img006.pdf (Size: 45.16 KB / Downloads: 5)
.pdf   img007.pdf (Size: 28.73 KB / Downloads: 5)
Post Reply Post Reply
It may be easier to present these screenshots as attachments to the post. As presented, we have to download your charts. Even so let's see what there is.

OK we need to see an attached Daily tab of OSCAR.

BTW your Apnea are still quite high in the summary. OA at 6.x, CA at 6.x, Hypopnea at 1.6 if I remembered it right. Something isn't working right for you, and you're not getting good results from therapy. You're probably not well rested either.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hmmm ... getting confused. Thought I'd attached the daily ... will try again
Must be the brain fog! lol
Hope this works ... 
.pdf   img002.pdf (Size: 30.18 KB / Downloads: 1)
.pdf   img003.pdf (Size: 34.74 KB / Downloads: 0)
.pdf   img004.pdf (Size: 23.58 KB / Downloads: 0)
Post Reply Post Reply
You are trying to use the print version of the Daily screen.   We use a screenshot(F12) of the Daily screen here.  Please refer to the links in my signature for help on these subjects.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hope this is the correct way ... used F12

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
OK there's the OSCAR shot.

At default 4-20, neither your Obstructive or Central events are looking good. There's too many. Either OA or CA at a bit over 6 is untreated by itself, and worse then when these are combined with Hypopnea you get that bad 14.79.

Obstructive looks like clusters of positional Apnea, which means your collar isn't helping.

You're going to need to change Min pressure from the default. I'd increase it to between 6 and 8 for the Min pressure and see if it helped. It will not break through positional Apnea, but there's what appears other Obstructive Apnea a pressure increase may help with.

On the Central side, are you using either Ramp or EPR? If yes they're likely being to be turned off.
Post Reply Post Reply
Do you mostly sleep on your side, back, or stomach?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Phillips Dreamstation 2 High Disconnects mrsleepyhead2001 2 124 03-22-2024, 04:20 PM
Last Post: mrsleepyhead2001
  [Pressure] ASV pressure too high. Please Help Mosleepy 27 688 03-21-2024, 10:13 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Oscar Charts: Interrupted sleep with high heart rate xaid 1 102 03-19-2024, 08:15 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Recently started CPAP -- very high proportion of Clear Airway Events matt2 0 116 03-17-2024, 02:48 PM
Last Post: matt2
  COSA, hypoxemia, AFIB, high BP, polycythemia, and CBTI? Motorheadrulz 45 4,412 03-16-2024, 11:21 AM
Last Post: Motorheadrulz
  Stumbled into amazing fix for my high ahi Lanners 2 211 03-09-2024, 11:15 AM
Last Post: kkjacks
  High Pressures - Inflammation of the CV system? MrIvanDrago 5 294 03-05-2024, 07:14 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.