Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Sudden Pressure Increase?
RE: Sudden Pressure Increase?
First night with the Airsense 10 Autoset, I tossed and turned and don't feel like I got a great night's sleep, but the My Air numbers said everything looked pretty good with the exception of my mask seal and my AHI was higher than normal which makes sense based on leakage. I'm using a Dreamwear nasal cushion mask and I suspect I'm going to have to find a better adapter for the heated hose in order for this to work well, I think I may have seen one in the bag and will use it or order one. The slow ramping function was weird to me, but actually pretty comfortable and the machine was very quiet. I think with a few tweaks I should be good. I also asked for a Res Med N20 nasal mask with my kit and will try that out if I don't get better results with the connection for my Dreamwear mask. Thanks for all of the tips and support everyone, I think this worked out quite well.
Post Reply Post Reply
My numbers bumped up when I switched from my System One to my Airsense 10. From what I understand ResMed uses a different algorithm than Phillips so your mileage may vary. The myAir app isn't bad for a quick snapshot, but I still prefer SleepyHead and am eagerly awaiting OSCAR. 

My wife has a Dreamstation and is not happy with it at all. She has already had to replace it once due to issues and she is having the same problem with this one - funky on/off switch. We have tried to use the DreamMapper software for hers, but have never gotten it to work - it will recognize the SD card, but says there is no data. Data does load into SH.

Homer
Homer

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Monitors are also Advisory Members, just with Extra Work assigned.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
If you haven’t already done so, order a Clinicians manual for your machine.
https://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-p...tup-manual

When you have time, download #SleepyHead software.  MyAir can only show you basic information.

Follow the direction in my signature line below.  Then you can post a graph of your data and we can better help you.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I was going to go with a Dreamstation until the CPAP supplier told me about Airsense 10 and this apnea forum confirmed more positive feedback about it.  This is my first Res Med machine, I've used Phillips Respironics consistently in the past.   I had been using the Dreammapper program with pretty good success for several years but became annoyed with the numerous times it went down and behaved unpredictably.  I agree that My Air seems like a quick snapshot and I may move onto to something else once I get more stable on this machine.  I like to check my numbers daily to be clear I'm on track and also note that it usually explains any fluctuation in how I feel and points out what needs to be adjusted.  Thanks for the tip regarding the difference in algorithms,  it's very helpful.
Post Reply Post Reply
Capsnut, it would help a lot if you would post a chart. I suspect your Autoset has been setup in CPAP mode at fixed pressure and that EPR is not optimized. We can really help you to get this machine dialed in pretty quickly if you will give us some basic information. Congrats on getting the best machine to treat your sleep apnea, now lets make it comfortable and effective.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Large Increase in AHI with F20 Mask David milt 3 150 03-13-2024, 07:15 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Sudden onset of desats - can't figure out why MCS2014 7 328 02-26-2024, 08:25 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Do you think I should increase my pressure based on this OSCAR data? mallowsweet 22 1,261 02-25-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: mallowsweet
  [Pressure] More tired after pressure increase EndarSpire 8 431 02-09-2024, 07:01 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Pressure] DreaamStation Stays at virtually constant pressure; Significant AHI increase Tom Buck 6 405 01-06-2024, 09:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question Assistance with sudden issues incl. OSCAR RustyShackleford 3 363 01-01-2024, 04:18 PM
Last Post: RustyShackleford
  Rain out all of a sudden mogulman 1 287 12-17-2023, 05:44 PM
Last Post: mogulman

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.