Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Sudden increase in AHI
RE: Sudden increase in AHI
I believe bonjour is talking about the 'tongue-suck' technique, if that is what you intended with 'mouth trick'.  And if so, and you couldn't get it to work...for more than a couple of minutes...you're in really superb company.  Namely, moi... Too-funny  I think between a third to one half of those who give it a concerted shot find that it simply doesn't get them through the night, and often not even to the second stage of sleep. 

I sometimes find my own mask blowing air up into my eyes, even though it feels 'right' and I'm not knocking it askew or deforming it.  What I do is to lift it clear of my skin, reposition it directly over my nose, and then let the tension in the straps bring it back toward my face.  That often cures the blow-by, that re-sealing.  We both know that it's when it happens several times each hour that it becomes an impediment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Bonjour,

I'm sorry but I don't know what you mean.  Mouth leak?  How will that help?  Stop the machine to clear? When you start the machine does the smiley/frowny face indicate the entire session or just the last one?  Thanks1
--

Larry
Post Reply Post Reply
Mesenteria,

One of my problems is that I seem to get mask leaks WITHOUT air blowing in my eyes.  That is why I checked the hose.  I have no idea what is happening.  I can't seem to find the leak!
--

Larry
Post Reply Post Reply
Last nights results with an F30:

AHI:    18.85
Hypopnea:    69
Large Leak:  130
Unclassified Apnea:  35

That is better than its been but still awful.  The big gap around 1:20 is when I got up and watched tv.
--

Larry
Post Reply Post Reply
Larry, while we're working on leaks, I think it would help if you included the leak chart. It should fit by shrinking some of the others, or just replace flow limitations.

What happens when you do a leak test with your machine? Put on your mask, go to My Options, select leak test, and let it run as you lay down. If you have a DME, make an appointment for a mask fitting with pressure using your machine.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sleeprider,

Leak chart?  I don't see one.  How do I get it?
Mask test?  I don't see one.  There is a "Run mask fit" test and that one says "good".
So far my sleep doc is WAY better than the DME.
My machine is a ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV.  On the bottom it says Air10.
Thank you!
--

Larry
Post Reply Post Reply
I got into a tongue technique not working sorry.

I was talking about practicing getting that leak and eventually stopping it. Excercises or practice while awake to become familiar with what causes it. Right now w my p10 I can choose to breathe normal thru my nose or my mouth, talk, cause pap air to blow out my mouth and stop it with my mouth open at will.
My suggestion is to intentionally cause this mouth leak to be aware of its mechanics and eventually master it.
I too could not stop it without turning the machine off and restarting it.
Post Reply Post Reply
Bonjour,

OK, thanks.  I founf an Amara View mask and tried it.  I could not get it to work (on the mask test)

Sleeprider,

I just found out that the mask fit test has to be run for a while!  When I did that, the mask flunked!  And it seems all my masks flunked.  The pressure is really high.  Still need to know how I get the chart and I can see where that is really important.
--

Larry
Post Reply Post Reply
I got the leak rate chart and it's attached.  Does anyone know what the leak rate is for a ResMed F20?  The leak rate in the chart is for a Quattro Pro.  Thanks!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

--

Larry
Post Reply Post Reply
I could be way off base, but your red leak line looks like you might want to move it down closer to the ResMed expected mask rate of 24. Since you're working with the ASV, therapy will not be anywhere near optimal until leaks are better controlled. I'm not so sure it can report events accurately with the leak rate as is.

As for masks and leaks, we've dealt with it before. What actions had you done to have things acceptable the past few months?
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Surprised [CPAP] Sudden Increase in AHI amfar33 2 101 04-14-2024, 07:54 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  [Pressure] Sefam S Box APAP mode sudden failure Helentw 3 124 04-07-2024, 07:59 AM
Last Post: Helentw
  Do you think I should increase my pressure based on this OSCAR data? mallowsweet 24 1,581 03-29-2024, 06:43 PM
Last Post: Dormeo
  Do I need to increase my max pressure? Daveman 7 232 03-29-2024, 08:44 AM
Last Post: Daveman
  Large Increase in AHI with F20 Mask David milt 3 214 03-13-2024, 07:15 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Sudden onset of desats - can't figure out why MCS2014 7 391 02-26-2024, 08:25 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  [Pressure] More tired after pressure increase EndarSpire 8 473 02-09-2024, 07:01 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.