Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Suggested CPAP setting adjustments
Suggested CPAP setting adjustments
Hi all,

I was diagnosed with sleep apnea a while back because I couldn't stay asleep through a full night and prescribed a Resmed AirSense 10. Life got in the the way and I'm only now trying out the CPAP and have been using it for a week, but I still wake up after a few hours and still can't get a full night of sleep.

I've read this board on and off and folks seem to be very helpful in suggesting CPAP setting adjustments, and so am hoping more knowledgeable folks than I can help with where I'm going wrong in my CPAP settings.

I've attached 3 charts taken over the last week of CPAP use. Every couple of nights I would tweak the pressure settings to try to something that would let me sleep more than a handful of hours. Unfortunately nothing seems to have worked so far.

Would really appreciate any guidance on how else I might change my CPAP settings.

Thanks!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Suggested CPAP setting adjustments
Welcome to the forum. From the data you posted I believe a min of 10 with EPR of 3 are your best settings. You had the least pressure fluctuations and flow limitations at those settings. If you couldn't sleep the whole night before CPAP your problem with not sleeping the whole night may not be due to CPAP. Did you have a sleep study? If so please post it here with personal info. redacted.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Suggested CPAP setting adjustments
Thanks for taking a look and the suggestions, I really appreciate it!

I'll keep trying with a min pressure of 10 and max pressure 13 with EPR 3 for more nights to see if perhaps it doesn't get better.

I did have a sleep study that diagnosed me with obstructive sleep apnea and an AHI of 17. I've attached the results of that sleep study with the personal info redacted.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Suggested Settings Switching AirSense 10 CPAP to AirSense 11 APAP Rickyricardo 0 29 3 hours ago
Last Post: Rickyricardo
  Resmed Airsense 10 time to return to low pressure setting jfchap 3 131 04-13-2024, 03:54 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Improvement after adjustments - still can't stay asleep DKane 0 74 04-12-2024, 09:55 AM
Last Post: DKane
  Tube Temp and Humidity Setting To Avoid Rainout tomkelly 10 271 04-11-2024, 11:11 PM
Last Post: tomkelly
  Trigger Setting Switch - Aircurve 10 MrIvanDrago 4 154 04-09-2024, 12:35 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  [Pressure] Advice on pressure adjustments akarifur 52 2,539 04-06-2024, 01:23 PM
Last Post: akarifur
  CPAP to ASV setting translation? Moemah123 2 521 04-03-2024, 10:30 AM
Last Post: Yujiyun

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.