Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Suggested Settings Switching AirSense 10 CPAP to AirSense 11 APAP
Question 
Suggested Settings Switching AirSense 10 CPAP to AirSense 11 APAP
I use a ResMed 10 CPAP at home and 9 for travel. The CPAP 10 is warning me about pump age (22,000 hours) but still operates.

Pressure is set at 8.8 , EPR 3 , no ramp

I am getting a ResMed AirSense 11 Autosense.

My 1 year readings for use with CPAP at 8.8 pressure are AHI 0.8, AI 0.7 and Central 0.2 which are quite good.

Is there any advantage to using AutoSense and if so what ranges? Would I set pressure to be say +/- 2, so 6.8 to 10.8 or should I not mess around with APAP mode and stick with the quite successful CPAP of 8.8 on the new device? 

I think part of the point of APAP is that it can go lower if pressure is not required and since going much higher doesn't look like it would add much should I start at say 4.8 to 10.8, e.g. use a -4/+2 for a lower low end?

I don't like ramping on CPAP because I feel air starved at the lower pressures so ramping is off and it's up to pressure in perhaps 10 seconds.  

If I tried APAP would I change my ramp style or leave it alone?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Suggested Settings Switching AirSense 10 CPAP to AirSense 11 APAP
For APAP I suggest that you set a range from 7-11. Your EPR 3 will not work at a setting below 7. Using APAP, your machine will not go higher than you need, so try the 7-11 and see how it goes and how you feel. It would be great if you download Oscar, a free reporting service that lets you see how you slept all through the night, and then post a report here. That post will help us help you so that you can get the best therapy and comfort.
Machine:  ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto
Mask:  Bleep DreamPort Sleep Solution
Post Reply Post Reply
Two benefits of the AutoSet range is you may be more comfortable and maybe better treated. EPR 3 full time and pressures 7-11 that were suggested should be fine. Don't be concerned about the Ramp.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-18-2024, 10:35 PM)Deborah K. Wrote: For APAP I suggest that you set a range from 7-11.  Your EPR 3 will not work at a setting below 7.  Using APAP, your machine will not go higher than you need, so try the 7-11 and see how it goes and how you feel.  It would be great if you download Oscar, a free reporting service that lets you see how you slept all through the night, and then post a report here.  That post will help us help you so that you can get the best therapy and comfort.

I just used it for night one, set at APAP 7-11 and of course it was only one night, thus not much data other than the sleep data displayed was two values of 0.0 and two of 0.4 and pressure (I assume maximum) was 9 (vs. CPAP set on 8.8). 

It did not come with an SD card and now has one so I will use a week then see what OSCAR says. It ramped up faster (to 7, vs. 8.8) than the AirSense 10 did, and EPR works fine. 

I'm not sure if I should rotate weekly or monthly between the AirSense 10 and 11 or use the AirSense 10 until it quits. The 10 warned of 22,000 hrs. total use but has not stopped. It could run for years more. 

I also use an AirSense 9 when I travel. The 11 is a lot smaller and lighter and might be better for travel. I don't want to use the 10 for travel in case it doesn't want to work after so many hours. The 9 has only 1/4 of the hours since it was a new one after my old 9 was sent to ResMed for repair, and they lost it, so they gave me a new one, and it is only used for travel.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Airsense 11 - OSA vs CSA evanms17 3 94 Today, 12:16 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  srwilsn3's therapy thread | APAP -> BiPAP srwilsn3 38 2,439 Yesterday, 09:34 AM
Last Post: srwilsn3
  [CPAP] Updated CPAP settings , feedback required please xirokx 25 409 Yesterday, 06:10 AM
Last Post: xirokx
  [Equipment] A Question About AirSense 11 And MyAir App Kamryn 1 104 08-29-2024, 07:03 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  [Pressure] Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset Turpentine 6 181 08-28-2024, 05:41 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  [Equipment] SD Card - Airsense 11 - How do you know if data recorded dekory419 2 107 08-28-2024, 12:08 PM
Last Post: dekory419
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 90 32,869 08-26-2024, 09:31 PM
Last Post: Big Guy

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.