Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Suggestion: Try filming yourself
RE: Suggestion: Try filming yourself
(06-20-2019, 07:26 PM)LANEWBEE Wrote: Can you tell me what camera you were using and how did you sync the camera with OSCAR? I may want to have a try.

Hello 3rdMarDiv,

Great work you are doing, in your recent new thread and as done here. 

In agreement with LANEWBEE, it would be a big help to know exactly which camera you chose that has been so helpful. 

I checked and saw images--images of more than a hundred cameras if duplications were eliminated?--of Samsung security cameras/systems, after not finding a full listing (or finding systems of cameras).

Isn't there a name plate or label on the camera, or on its imaging, that would show the model?

Thanks for your helpful threads and analyses.

2SB
I have no particular qualifications or expertise with respect to the apnea/cpap/sleep related content of my posts beyond my own user experiences and what I've learned from others on this site. Each of us bears the burden of evaluating the validity and applicability of what we read here before acting on it.  

Of my 3 once-needed, helpful, and adjunctive devices I have listed, only the accelerometer remains operative (but now idle). My second CMS50I died, too, of old age and the so-so Dreem 2 needs head-positioning band repair--if, indeed, Dreem even supports use of it now.

Post Reply Post Reply
(07-13-2019, 01:44 AM)2SleepBetta Wrote:
(06-20-2019, 07:26 PM)LANEWBEE Wrote: Can you tell me what camera you were using and how did you sync the camera with OSCAR? I may want to have a try.

Hello 3rdMarDiv,

Great work you are doing, in your recent new thread and as done here. 

In agreement with LANEWBEE, it would be a big help to know exactly which camera you chose that has been so helpful. 

I checked and saw images--images of more than a hundred cameras if duplications were eliminated?--of Samsung security cameras/systems, after not finding a full listing (or finding systems of cameras).

Isn't there a name plate or label on the camera, or on its imaging, that would show the model?

Thanks for your helpful threads and analyses.

2SB

I hesitate to give my make and model due to it being expensive and far more capable than would ever be needed. Setting up my camera is not plug and play. There are camera systems that are very capable, smart technology, night vision infra-red, pan and tilt, easy play back, etc. 

I don't want anyone paying $200 to $300 dollars for one camera when $40 would do a super job. I also know this entire thread would be consumed by requests for assistance by frustrated users trying to set up the device.  

What I would recommend, as I stated earlier, is inexpensive and very capable.

This is in the range of what you can obtain to "get your feet wet" without breaking the bank: ($40)
Commercial Link Removed, instead search Best Buy(GN-CW010-199 SKU6306477)

Look at the specs for this unit:

2-way communication
Remote Pan and Tilt
Zoom
Built-in microphone and speaker let you hear what happens around the camera and talk back through your phone, no matter where you are.

Infrared night vision lets you see in the dark
Keep an eye on things up to 10' away when there's little to no light.

120° field of view
Captures a wide area of your property for high-level security at all times.

Save essential images
Use a SD memory cards to store your footage.

Connects to your Wi-Fi network
For convenience and simple setup.

SD Card means you don't need to rent cloud space to store videos. 

All security cameras are WiFi synced time as is OSCAR for real time playback and review with OSCAR.

Smart technology and if you have any problems you can return it to Best Buy. If you have questions you have the Best Buy Geed Squad only a phone call away.

Most brick and mortar stores offer 30 day returns if you aren't happy with the purchase. 

You are only filming yourself sleeping so 1080p is super. 

All you need is a tri-pod to mount the camera on. Aim it at yourself and you are good to go.

You will be fascinated at what you can learn about your nights sleeping.

As a bonus you can use it for home security and they make super nice baby cam's.

Hope this helps..!

Sleep-well

-----
Moderator Action: Link Removed

To maintain our status as an educational organization, the only commercial links allowed in this forum are to CPAP-related manufacturer websites.  This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules with details given in the Commercial Links Policy section.

-----
My worst night on CPAP is 10X better than my best night without it  Eat-popcorn 
Good night Chesty, wherever you are..Semper Fi
Post Reply Post Reply
Some additional information about using a security camera to film yourself:

The camera I listed above is an example of the type of camera you want. I am not saying to buy that camera, but one that has it's capabilities.

You want to review your sleeping using WiFi that accesses the SD card in the camera either on your smart phone or laptop. Make sure the camera has SD card capability.

NOTE: You do not want to buy a camera where it accesses a cloud service. Some cameras are being sold without SD cards so that you must buy a monthly cloud service. The cloud only cameras are even lower priced as they make more money renting you a cloud service. With an SD card you are making your own storage space and not paying a monthly service fee.

NOTE: You may also want to check if it has software that works on a PC or Laptop. Using a smartphone is easy, but some people like their laptop. I prefer my laptop just because I can see without using my reading glasses.
Post Reply Post Reply
That's brilliant.  How exactly did you sync the video recording with Oscar?  I'm very interested in doing the same thing.  Thanks!

Scratch my post. I didn't see the explanations already posted.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-05-2019, 05:10 PM)Salcorn Wrote: That's brilliant.  How exactly did you sync the video recording with Oscar?  I'm very interested in doing the same thing.  Thanks!

Scratch my post.  I didn't see the explanations already posted.

Changed my life...My AHI is consistently below 1.0 and that is only due to occasional rolling onto my back or mask leak.

It only takes 10 minutes in one night to alter AHI from 0.0 to 0.4
It takes some work, but over time you can really increase your quality of sleep.  Best of Luck... Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks 3rdMarDiv!
Post Reply Post Reply
Reducing the cost of video equipment
On a site called Gearbest  link removed.  you can now get a WiFi Security camera with all the bells and whistles for under 20 dollars.

Use your smartphone or laptop.

Get one with an SD Card.

You will wait a little longer as it is coming from China (As do all other cameras).

Free shipping, as for some reason our government allows anything bought from China to be shipped anywhere in the US for free. This, by the way, is fully subsidized by the American taxpayer... Dielaughing 

Just type in WiFi Security Camera and you will see what I'm talking about.

If cost has been a deterant
Sleep-well

-----
Moderator Action: Link Removed

To maintain our status as an educational organization, certain types of commercial links are prohibited in this forum.  This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules with details given in the Commercial Links Policy section.

-----
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  My suggestion for help with nasal pillow irritation rebean 3 664 12-06-2023, 12:40 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  [CPAP] New User - Settings Suggestion - Disturbed Sleep ralphm123 3 331 11-06-2023, 09:57 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Suggestion to improve AHI, especially CA caffee666 7 650 01-31-2023, 01:52 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  Sleep Eye Mask Suggestion? Susabella 7 733 11-06-2022, 07:39 PM
Last Post: TexasDon
  Mask Suggestion for High Pressures upsman 3 711 08-16-2021, 09:38 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  suggestion need samitkly 1 594 01-29-2021, 08:05 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  I AM NOT A DOCTOR BUT I DO HAVE A SUGGESTION Maggie 6 1,214 01-16-2021, 01:33 PM
Last Post: Dormeo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.