Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Suggestion to improve AHI, especially CA
Suggestion to improve AHI, especially CA
Hi, my wife have been diagnosed with severe sleep apnea with AHI 30.5 (with zero CA) in a sleep study three months ago and was prescribed a CPAP. She has been using the Resmed Airsense 10 since then. We have been trying out different minimum pressure and maximum pressure but the AHI is always 2 - 3.5 for most of the nights and we can't get AHI to be below 2.0. Currently the setting is min 8cmH20 and the max 13.2H20, EPR 3 full-time. Any suggestions on how to improve the AHI, particularly CA is greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Suggestion to improve AHI, especially CA
Given that pressure increases to around 10 at the end of ramp and stays there or higher I suggest an increase in lower pressure to 9 or 10. The CA are minimal and will probably decrease in time. It is not unusual for new users to have treatment emergent ca which decrease as they adjust to the therapy. How is she feeling. An AHI of 2-3 is a big improvement over 30.5 and is in the range where how she is feeling is more important than chasing numbers.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
She has not been resting well. Will change min pressure to 9 and post results next. Will reducing EPR to 2 helps in CA ?
Post Reply Post Reply
Have increased min pressure from 8 to 9. However, my wife still feel not rested. Chart for last night attached. Any suggestions on how to improve her therapy? Thank you!

Post Reply Post Reply
Your flow limits just went crazy. The increase of 1 cmw should not have for that. My suggestion after the first post would have been to not chase numbers.

Can you be more specific to the my wife did not feel rested.

My first thought on the flow limits is that they might be positional, only might be. What does your wife use for a pillow? Any changes? When?

I'd like to see a few 4-minute views of her charts as I'd like to see what is going on down at the breath by breath level.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm seeing some strong indicators of a positional issue here. OA events are unrelated to pressure and sometimes occur in clusters. If you look at examples in the positional apnea wiki article, you will see some of the same patterns http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...onal_Apnea
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for your replies Gideon and Sleeprider.
Despite sleeping for more than 8 hours, she has been yawning whole day and she looks very tired, with panda eyes.
She has not changed pillow since the first posting. She has been using the normal type of pillow.
Attached are some 4min charts. Thank you for your time!

Post Reply Post Reply
The events you have chosen to highlight in the 4-monute views are all arousals.

What I cannot tell is what is causing those arousals.

Does this occur also when events are not present?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Please help interpret data to improve treatment length during the night GalaxyPast 3 120 04-14-2024, 07:53 PM
Last Post: GalaxyPast
  [CPAP] Help with OSCAR data to help improve sleep Akaharu 6 200 04-06-2024, 11:35 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Central apneas and tips to improve CPAP therapy jcp519 20 1,374 02-21-2024, 12:37 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  [split] Doctor won't help improve Vauto settings JohnCondor 7 555 02-19-2024, 04:20 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Improve Respiratory Rate? MrIvanDrago 4 383 02-16-2024, 01:23 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Improve my CPAP Performance dpoelker 4 280 02-06-2024, 03:27 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New CPAP user here. Ready to learn. Please advise how I can improve! Sleepyman12 4 522 12-13-2023, 05:51 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.