Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Swift FX lasts
RE: Swift FX lasts
I would also like to see a picture or a more detailed description of the demise of a nasal pillow. I have read many folks complain of pillow failures and wonder just what do they do that destroys them. Mine, for my ResMed Swift LT will last a very long time I believe if I didn't replace them every couple of weeks or so. Medicare gives free replacements for every two weeks useage, so I order them and dispose of the (in my mind) somewhat good quality pillows, bi-weekly. It seems a waste to me, but I don;t write the rules, I just follow them.
Yesterday is history; Tomorrow is a mystery; Today is a gift; Thats why its called "The Present".  
Post Reply Post Reply
Lucky you - insurance does not pay for replacement pillows here (hell, I have to have a serious consideration about what to do about the "rental" price the LungenLiga is charging me for the CPAP machine for a year, after which they will sell it to me as "used" - I am pretty sure that paying 380 per month for a year actually would buy me the bloody thing in almost any shop in the US - but here, well, they can charge like mad, which they do for the nasal pillows as well.

I have seen no need to replace the pillows as of yet - I see no signs of wear and tear on them - in fact, they seem to be in remarkably good nick. So I, too, would like to know just what people are doing to them to wreck them so quickly.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Wilorg

Well I rent from Lungenliga Zürich, and all consumable supplies such as hose, mask, and filters are included in the rental fee. The rental fee is covered by my basic health insurance, which mandatory in Switzerland.
Have not had any issues with my Swift FX, which I have been using since 6 weeks.

;-> gjw
Post Reply Post Reply
gjw, good to see a fellow Zurcher here. I was clearly told by the LungenLiga that replacement bits cost extra - the basic kit(including hose and filters, not the mask, which was supplied by the Unispital with the test machine and NOT replaced by the LungenLiga with a new one) was part of the rental price, but if I need new pillows it costs, and a not cheap. It is also pretty clearly stated in my rental contract. Nice people, though. Really out to help within their limits. Did you do your initial testing at the Unispital?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Nasal Pillow - Leaking & Stability (Swift II vs Anything Else)? Phil7 0 584 10-19-2021, 12:08 PM
Last Post: Phil7
  Swift FX EmaNTD 3 854 09-06-2020, 01:41 PM
Last Post: JJJ
  ResMed Swift FX for Her Nasal Pillows Lambsydoats 5 906 08-14-2020, 05:33 PM
Last Post: Canuck 2
  Mask Request: Opus 360/Swift Fx hybrid Universeonwheels 0 668 05-06-2020, 08:01 PM
Last Post: Universeonwheels
  Looking for the right frame size with Swift FX PaulaBunyan 4 973 02-15-2020, 09:52 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Swift FX or N30i macheta 5 2,210 07-30-2019, 08:01 PM
Last Post: Zorki1c
  ResMed Swift problems Pizzafoundry 4 1,320 02-13-2019, 06:40 AM
Last Post: Fats Drywaller

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.