Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Swift FX or Resmed AirFit P10
RE: Swift FX or Resmed AirFit P10
I could not get used to the cushions on the Swift FX. I really like the Airfit P10. It is my backup mask to the Airfit F10 (yes, I prefer a full face mask). I find it is always good to have two different types of mask.
Post Reply Post Reply
I tried the P10 for a couple of weeks. I would wake up during the night and it would be either off my face or on the floor. Never could get the adjustment right. When I spoke to the DME rep, she asked me to try the Swift FX. After using it for 5 weeks, I've only had it off 2 times now during the night. It is a little heavier than the P10, but I'm a side sleeper so I let my pillow support the weight. I do use the P10 when watching tv and napping in the chair. If your DME will let you try one for awhile and you want to try another style, ask if you can keep the other since they are gonna throw it away anyway. That's how I now own the FX, P10 and a Quattro.
Post Reply Post Reply
I started with the FX for her. It fit very well, but I could not get used to the jetstream. It hits my arm, it bounces off the sheets and into my face, especially the eyes. The fix for that was to try the P10 and it has been so much more comfortable for me! There used to be an old retired guy around here who said that resistance is futile... you will be assimilated into using the p10 Big Grin
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-04-2015, 07:10 PM)Maniac007 Wrote: I tried the P10 for a couple of weeks. I would wake up during the night and it would be either off my face or on the floor. Never could get the adjustment right. When I spoke to the DME rep, she asked me to try the Swift FX. After using it for 5 weeks, I've only had it off 2 times now during the night. It is a little heavier than the P10, but I'm a side sleeper so I let my pillow support the weight. I do use the P10 when watching tv and napping in the chair. If your DME will let you try one for awhile and you want to try another style, ask if you can keep the other since they are gonna throw it away anyway. That's how I now own the FX, P10 and a Quattro.

I wish my DME would let me try the mask out however ounce I take it home that is it no returns or trial time!
I have a Sleepweaver and a Amara view that I cannot use the Quattro air is the only mask that I'm using however I'm struggling with it on the bridge of my nose! I need another mask that I can use in addition and I'm looking at the Aloha, Airfit10 and the Swift FX . Wish I could try them all and it gets frustrating waiting for the next Insurance approval date.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry to hear that. Up until 2weeks ago I traveled from MO to any state east of the Mississippi for work. I was diagnosed with cancer last week so that put a halt on a lot of life right now. (This will be for help in another thread latter). Since I know what I use the most and their replacement policy, I would be willing to send you the Swift fX head gear when available with new medium size pillows. Just keep me in touch. Apparently I got a GREAT DME supplier.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-03-2015, 08:16 AM)Judy1843 Wrote:
(09-02-2015, 10:31 PM)PositiveMe123 Wrote: I've used the Swift FX and the P10. Hands down, the P10 is more comfortable for all the reasons mentioned in the above posts.

Thank you everyone! One more question! What do you use if you nose is sensitive Lanolin?

Yes, try Lansinoh Cream. Found in any pharmacy, Walmart, etc.

Or, maybe you mean that your nose is Lanolin sensitive... not sure?

Post Reply Post Reply
My ENT Doctor recommended 'Ayr nasal gel' which I think is water based to me for dry membranes in my nose long before I started using the CPAP machine. I got mine from a local pharmacy, and it is over the counter.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-02-2015, 11:51 AM)Judy1843 Wrote: What do you like and dislike about these two mask?

I have both and use both. I can say that the P10 is lighter and quieter than the FX but the FX is my choice because it stays on my head way better than the P10 so I use the FX longer at night than I could have with the P10. I like the p10 but it just keeps coming off in the middle of the night. I think if ResMed took the mask from the P10 and put the headgear from the FX on it they would have in my opinion the perfect nasal pillow mask.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-05-2015, 12:16 PM)Adoniscmj Wrote:
(09-02-2015, 11:51 AM)Judy1843 Wrote: What do you like and dislike about these two mask?

I have both and use both. I can say that the P10 is lighter and quieter than the FX but the FX is my choice because it stays on my head way better than the P10 so I use the FX longer at night than I could have with the P10. I like the p10 but it just keeps coming off in the middle of the night. I think if ResMed took the mask from the P10 and put the headgear from the FX on it they would have in my opinion the perfect nasal pillow mask.

...and use the exhaust from the P10 on the FX then I think we would have the perfect nasal pillow system.Lolabove
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-05-2015, 01:04 PM)Maniac007 Wrote:
(09-05-2015, 12:16 PM)Adoniscmj Wrote:

...and use the exhaust from the P10 on the FX then I think we would have the perfect nasal pillow system.Lolabove

Precisely my point. Combine the two and you would have a mask that is tough to beat. I really like the FX but that port sucks.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Introducing the ResMed AirFit F40 MrIvanDrago 48 3,063 45 minutes ago
Last Post: Domino96
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,563 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  AirFit F20 Irritating Nose Bridge SavvApnea 40 6,971 03-10-2024, 01:38 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  [Equipment] Loud noise from AirFit F20 mask SleepyLuke 2 1,603 03-04-2024, 12:38 AM
Last Post: SleepyLuke
  AirSense 11 & AirFit F30i Mask, new CPAP user TreeSky 0 298 02-25-2024, 09:47 AM
Last Post: TreeSky
  [Equipment] Hybrid mask discontinued, new AirFit 30 leaks! LessSleepyHalf 3 983 02-18-2024, 11:06 AM
Last Post: Jay51
  ResMed Airfit P10 ScottW 41 20,128 02-12-2024, 12:48 PM
Last Post: TexasDon

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.