Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Switched from Philips Dreamstation CPAP To Resmed Autocurve 10 VAuto
RE: Switched from Philips Dreamstation CPAP To Resmed Autocurve 10 VAuto
OK, got it Gideon, thanks.

jb1977belgium my mistake on editing the pressure settings, disregard what I'd said on that.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Gideon,

What change do you think the reset to factory default will/could bring?

Jos
Post Reply Post Reply
This will give you a reset on the settings in case any were edited prior. Then you are starting at a known default.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Otherwise we could miss something the previous user tried and it never got reset. It HAS happened before, it is just a cautionary measure, I'm not specifically expecting anything. so hopefully absolutely no changes.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ah sorry. Thought you meant if I used the VAuto mode.

No, the device was brand new, 0 hours on the counter.

Some Resmed machines have Ticontrol, the VAuto does not have it. You guys think VAuto does that automatically?
Post Reply Post Reply
With PR, you mean Philips Respironics?
Post Reply Post Reply
The VAuto should have the timing settings including Ti control. Yes, PR is Philips Respironics.
Post Reply Post Reply
According to another member, VAuto models marked for distribution outside of North America, may not have the same options available.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
ith EPAP min 4.0, PS 4.0 and maximum pressure 17.0, your charts show a median pressure of 9.4/5.4 (IPAP/EPAP) and 95% pressure at 12.5/9.5. Based on this, I would do nothing more than increase minimum EPAP pressure to 6.0. Everything looks pretty good here, but your minimum EPAP pressure is just a bit low, and you can reduce the variation of pressure by raising it, just 1-cm. Really would prefer to see a standard view with Events, Flow Rate, Pressure and flow limits, but this therapy looks pretty good. Please be sure to include how you feel as part of the information you post.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have attached the new one of tonight.  I've also resetted the charts to basic as requested.

Yesterday, I already raised the EPAP to 5.  So this chart already included a night on 5.

Thanks @Gideon, @SarcasticDave94, @CrismonNape & @Sleeprider for replying.  Really appreciate it.

I do feel quite good, but I also slept more than 10 hours, and I just woke up.  Guess the rest of the day will tell me more.  

One thing that is different, and I think that it is pressure related.  I don't have it every day, but seem to be able to trigger it when I increase the pressure settings.

It's difficult to explain, but sometimes I have the feeling that there is some pressure in my head/brain after waking up in the morning.  Can't really say it's a headache.  It goes away after a couple of hours, and during that timeframe it's sometimes a bit difficult to really concentrate.  A pain killer solves the problem most of the time, but I try to do this as less as possible. 

Today for exampe, by ending the typing of this text, this feeling is almost gone (half an hour awake).  Any of you have simular feelings?

My CPAP settings on PR Dreamstation was 10.5 fixed and Flex on 1.  But I'd had to change that depending on how I felt.  It varied between 8 and 11.  I think I needed a higher pressure during the night, but I couldn't fall asleep above 11, and I also had the same pressure feeling in my head above 11.  When i went above 13, it did change from pressure feeling to headaches.  

@Sleeprider.  I'll try do a couple of days on 5, and if the falling asleep in part remains ok, I'll move it to 6.  It's just one week that I have my falling asleep a bit under control.  The first week on the Resmed, a was awake 6hours, and slept only 2 to 3 hours, but I started with EPAP 9 and IPAP 15 and PS 4.  Not the best idea for me :-)

@SarcasticDave94 Indeed the features are different in other areas.  I bought the Vauto because of all the settings I've seen in all the video's online.  Mine does not have any TiControl settings, while others on the web do.  I tought that this would really be a problem, but I either got used to to breathing cycle of my device, or it auto-adapted, not sure.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 21 405 1 hour ago
Last Post: Pawpri
  NOTICE: Philips Discontinues Numerous Devices and Halts Dreamstation Sales in the U.S. WakeUpTime 48 3,825 Yesterday, 04:49 PM
Last Post: WakeUpTime
  Foam Removal - Philips System One peewee44 47 10,612 03-26-2024, 05:46 AM
Last Post: jojopuppyfish
  DreamStation 2 vs ResMed S9 gonzalo 3 71 03-25-2024, 12:36 PM
Last Post: StratCat48
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 183 29,053 03-24-2024, 06:30 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Rate my Resmed 10 VAuto deal from FB GrandCentral 18 852 03-23-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 554 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.