Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Switching from BiPAP to APAP
Switching from BiPAP to APAP
So I've had a really difficult 2 years with the AirCurve 10. I did an at home sleep study and it cam back with 71 AHI. I bought the AirCurve and it came set at PS 4, 6.0-15.0. I have been through around 10 masks and never been able to get comfortable with the therapy. I usually wore the mask around 2 hours and would take it off in my sleep. I have never talked to a Sleep Dr or therapist and I was blindly buying masks and changing my settings to try to find something that worked. I have not went through insurance to purchase any of my equipment but I did get a prescription from the sleep study to buy whatever I wanted. One early morning last week after being kicked out of the bed by the wife I went to the couch and out of desperation ordered an AirSense 11 and a Phillips Wisp nasal mask because it was on sale for $49. They came in 2 days ago and I set up the Airsense 11 and used my full face F&P Vitera mask. The Airsense didn't come with a heated hose and the air was just too cold for me to tolerate and my nose completely clogged up. So I ordered a heated hose that will come in in a few days. While I'm waiting for the hose to come in I got my AirCurve out and decided to use that. I randomly changed to settings to PS 5.0, 8.0-13. Grabbed the new wisp mask and had the best night of therapy since I started this. No leaks, no discomfort and and AHI of 0.49. I feel great this morning for the first time in a long time. Hopefully this isn't an anomaly and I can continue this level of comfort and therapy. My question is since I just spent this $900 on the new machine and they won't accept returns on opened machines... Can the airsense 11 come close to replicating the settings on my AirCurve? Thanks for any help you can offer Smile

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Switching from BiPAP to APAP
It can but the Aircurve is the same machine with more options.  It is just a more advanced airsense....  I would use the aircurve, get OSCAR software (from the top of the site).  It is completely free and post your nights charts that is how we can help the most.

Almost all of us have a backup machine anyway.  And you can sell the airsense 11 on many sites like ebay, craigs list,,,,
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Pressure] Switching to automatic raised AHI numbers Leitrim 4 115 03-26-2024, 03:20 PM
Last Post: Leitrim
  Issues with APAP WWYD FlyingUmbrella683 1 86 03-22-2024, 07:21 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  New APAP machine: Lowenstein Prisma Smart Max Robert Detz 10 363 03-21-2024, 07:58 AM
Last Post: WisNaeMe
  Switching from Dreamstation 1 to AirSense II autoset jed3 2 167 03-21-2024, 07:39 AM
Last Post: jed3
  [Health] RESMED APAP tuning sleeper2460 10 557 03-18-2024, 08:43 AM
Last Post: sleeper2460
  APAP optimization assistance jayed53 9 426 03-14-2024, 03:13 PM
Last Post: jayed53
  srwilsn3's therapy thread | APAP -> BiPAP srwilsn3 34 1,410 03-14-2024, 02:23 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.