Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Switching masks major improvement?
Switching masks major improvement?
So, on my main therapy thread you can see my AHI went from 10 avg per night to 2, after switching to Phillips respironics dreamwear (single nasal hole) from an airfit F20.

I am worried this might be a fluke or the AHI isn't reporting correctly. It has been over a month with AHI of below 3 on average. But, I know sometimes I mouth breathe. The machine doesn't seem to notice this i think? I don't know 

Do you all belive this to be accurate? Is  AHI the reporting correct? I thought I would need an ASV, but not sure after these new results.
**GF says i still snore with mouth open while wearing the new nasal mask tube/ dreamwear mask, so I don't know if that is reflected in oscar.**

Please advise, I want to make sure this isnt just a fluke, and that I am in the cured range. 

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Switching masks major improvement?
(08-30-2022, 09:15 AM)bballkj7 Wrote: **GF says i still snore with mouth open while wearing the new nasal mask tube/ dreamwear mask, so I don't know if that is reflected in oscar.*

You can see it in the leak rate graph. It jumps up and stays there for awhile. That's when you are mouth-leaking. The pressurized CPAP air is leaking out your mouth so it's not maintaining the pressure splint needed to keep your airway from collapsing. That why your GF hears the snoring.

During these times you are experiencing apneas but the CPAP machine has no way of detecting them.

You can try a chin strap (available from your equipment supplier) or a soft cervical collar. The best remedy is a full face mask.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Switching masks major improvement?
Okay so my apnea is probably actually still at a 10, like when i wear the full face mask.

I’ll have to ask the Dr. for a titration for a ASV. Thank you for this helpful information.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Pressure] Switching to automatic raised AHI numbers Leitrim 4 118 03-26-2024, 03:20 PM
Last Post: Leitrim
  Judging CPAP improvement jprconsulting 1 80 03-24-2024, 04:38 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Switching from Dreamstation 1 to AirSense II autoset jed3 2 167 03-21-2024, 07:39 AM
Last Post: jed3
  Only CAs on Oscar but diagnosed with OSA - 2 months CPAP and no improvement 444zane3 4 290 03-07-2024, 02:06 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Custom-Fitted Masks? TonyBoBony 5 344 03-01-2024, 10:30 PM
Last Post: TonyBoBony
  After major surgery Issues DANNOGA 5 250 02-26-2024, 03:29 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
Grin New CPAP User, looking for improvement help babysleep 8 469 01-24-2024, 02:52 PM
Last Post: staceyburke

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.