Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Symptoms] Mask Leakages
Mask Leakages
I am having all sorts of trouble regarding mask leaks. I am using a Full face Resmed F30i, which is one of the better masks for less leakage. I was suggested trying a F&P Evora Full Face Mask to help alleviate this leakage. Can anyone out there recommend this change before I go ahead and purchase one.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Mask Leakages
Your Oscar charts did not post. You may want to try again.
Machine:  ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto
Mask:  Bleep DreamPort Sleep Solution
Post Reply Post Reply
We'd need to see the leak chart to see the pattern. Statistics indicates you had leaks at some point at a level of 95% 26.4 and 99% 42.0. However we don't know to what extent or probable source.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
You need to post your Oscar chart items including these items in this order; Event Flags, Flow Rate, Pressure, Leak rate, and Flow limits.  This will help us help you. Smile
Post Reply Post Reply

Sorry, try this screen shot.
Post Reply Post Reply
You have a lot of what we call positional apnea.  PA shows up on your charts when you see clusters of O or H events.  This is caused when you sleep with your chin tucked toward your chest, and cannot be corrected by changing a setting.  There are a few things you can try.  Sleeping on a much flatter pillow may help.  Don't use what the sellers call a cpap pillow.  These are too high and don't work for PA.  Most folks here get the best relief by buying and using a soft cervical collar that holds their chin up in any sleep position.  These are available at drugstores, or for more choices you can to go Amazon.  They have lots.  When I used one I liked the Caldera Releaf Collar the best.  Good luck with solving this!  Smile  It will lower your AHI significantly.
Post Reply Post Reply
As for the leaks, they appear to have a mouth leak pattern, the broad, curved areas. Mask leaks themselves tend to have sharp little ones.

I find it interesting to see these with a full face. Fisher and Paykel masks were my favorite, they leaked less than ResMed masks I tried. They're not comfortable with less strap tension, allowing the better comfort.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Thanks, will try the collar solution as I think I am inclined to "chin tucking". Also had a worse time last night as indicated with the latest chart.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to stop leakages from the F30i Full Face Mask by ResMed Jose Castro 8 1,923 11-18-2023, 04:37 AM
Last Post: UnknownActor
  CPAP mask straps are loose and no longer keep the mask on my face WWu777 8 3,160 03-29-2023, 08:12 AM
Last Post: DaveL
  Resmed P30i pillow mask user unable to get beyond 1.5 hr on mask Roy289 28 3,855 09-27-2022, 10:47 AM
Last Post: Roy289
  Advice for f and p vitera mask leaks full face mask accetableplaintain 2 4,533 03-23-2022, 09:37 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Help with mask, Definition of EPAP/IPAP and Mask Pressure wesozzzz 1 1,218 11-15-2019, 07:57 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  What's the mask setting of Dreamstation for Bleep DreamPort mask? ChinaMan 5 2,610 10-11-2019, 07:17 PM
Last Post: ChinaMan
  Changing mask from p10 resmed to philips respironics: Mask seal issue Visitor 10 5,060 10-11-2019, 07:25 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.