Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Symptoms] Need advice on current treatment and OSCAR data
Question 
Need advice on current treatment and OSCAR data
Just found this board and the amount of information has been outstanding!

I'm hoping for some help.

I started my treatment in October 2021, and have found the results to be incredible.

In the last month or so, I've been waking up with headaches again, and not feeling the greatest. I've also been getting tired in the afternoon. I haven't changed anything on my equipment or treatment, and my weight is similar to when I started in '21.

The main difference, is that I started dry January on Jan 1, no alcohol or other intoxicants. And that I've started walking/speed walking seriously (8-10 km a day).

Hoping that someone could help me look at my OSCAR data and see if any concerns. Or if there is any other thought the community might have.

Thanks!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Need advice on current treatment and OSCAR data
The only issue I see is a lot of leaks that may be disturbing your sleep. Other than that your data look fine. Did you see that much leakage when you were feeling better? Unfortunately there are many causes for poor sleep other than apnea.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Need advice on current treatment and OSCAR data
Congratulations on quitting alcohol and increasing your daily levels of activity! These are difficult changes to make, and their long-term benefits will be immense.

In the shorter run, stopping alcohol can have some side effects, depending on how much you were drinking, how often you were drinking, and how your body was handling alcohol. The side effects can include sleep disturbances.

You can simply be patient with the process, knowing that it may take weeks, conceivably several months, for your body to adjust fully to your sobriety. You can also talk with your doctor about medications that could help you with the transition. But don't, for goodness sake, start drinking again! There was a reason you stopped, and I'm sure it was an excellent one.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question [CPAP] Intense Fatigue - Seeking Advice: CPAP Data Analysis PerplexedTom 7 199 2 hours ago
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  [CPAP] Need help analyzing OSCAR data user357 2 102 3 hours ago
Last Post: user357
  New user struggling with treatment bsroberts 21 763 04-23-2024, 08:51 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  2 Night on CPAP! Need Advice ed2397 1 111 04-23-2024, 09:23 AM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Any insight on this data from OSCAR? jake79 2 137 04-23-2024, 08:49 AM
Last Post: jake79
  [Treatment] CPAP to Bilevel advice kkjacks 24 1,065 04-22-2024, 02:16 PM
Last Post: kkjacks
  Help Adjusting Settings based on Oscar data rygonzo93 5 149 04-19-2024, 10:07 AM
Last Post: rygonzo93

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.