Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Symptoms] New to Board many years on CPAP
Question 
New to Board many years on CPAP
hello I am new to the board which I should have discovered many years ago, better late that never I guess?
I have been using a RedMed machine for years and have had good results up until a few months ago and maybe longer. I've been learning from reading post from other users which had prompted me to register and post for some personal help. I have noticed there are some very knowledgeable people helping people with problems. I want to thank you all for giving others the time and help they may not be getting from there provider. I felt I was doing OK with my machine but have been have some different health issues over they years which have put me on disability and changed my life. I will jump right in asking for some advice and hopefully help with some problems my provider is not either understanding or to busy to give me the quality time to help me.
Issues I am having:
very restless sleep and dreading going to bed knowing I am going to have another horrible night trying to sleep. This has come on over the past several months, kind of gradually I guess?
Discovered from others with the same problem on this board that I was getting air in my guts when using the machine causing horrible stomach pain and nausea!
2 Emergency room visits for pain and fear not knowing what was going on. Gal bladder and liver checked scans scopes all checked out OK Which was really more distressing to me since i was sent home with little ammunition to help other than treating my stomach with antacids and liquid Lidocaine 2% among several other drugs. I never thought of the CPAP machine being the cause of my problem but after reading about the air passing into my stomach got me to look into where I now am.
What I've done with my machine since I realized the CPAP machine could be some of my problems.
turned on EPR
turned on the auto sense feature
lowered the high pressure from 20 to 12.4 low set at 8
this has been done in the past few nights I still and having nausea mostly in the morning but the pain is much better.
I'm am 63 years old 248 lbs I've lost over 10 lbs since this horror started have no appetite drinking lots of different kinds of herbal teas trying to find relief.
I've had several surgeries the one that I was blaming my problems on is the nissen procedure. The Dr had scans and scope done and said all is good go back to your Primary DR. which i have done.
I have OSCAR and looking at the data doesn't mean much to me? events last night 4.5
This is what brought me hear Thanks for reading my post.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New to Board many years on CPAP
Post a screenshot from the OSCAR daily page. This we we can see what's going on.

Follow the link below for Organizing your Graph and how to use the attachment feature to post here.

It does sound like you suffer from Aerophagia (swallowing of air). You seem to be on the right path by using EPR and lowering pressure.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the link. I'll get posted up once I figure it out.
This is war for me to get on top of what's going on!
 I'm relearning a lot of things I once was doing 
 slipped away from good habits and unfortunately replacing them with bad.
Diet yoga a little bit and more exercise as I can tolerate. 
Rodney
Thank you 
Opal
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok, will wait for you to post a graph.
There are many knowledgeable folk here that will help.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
normal ugly night can't fall asleep finally took a Zolpidem m10mg that helped

Post Reply Post Reply
Rodney, there are a few things going on in your ugly session. First, you are using a ramp that starts at 4.0, and you need to turn off Ramp or get somewhere close to your therapy pressure. Your machine likes you to be at a minimum of 10 cm, and that might be where you should setup shop, but with EPR. A lot of valuable information is not visible because of that monthly calendar. You can minimize it by clicking the triangle in the date line. It does not appear that EPR is on Full Time at 3, and that's going to make this a lot easier. Check your settings. Finally, you probably don't know it, but you are tucking your chin, and the way we can tell is that your obstructive events are closely clustered together. There is a good chance that if you can avoid this, your pressure will stabilize and you are going to get a lot better sleep. This is so common we have a couple wiki articles.
Positional Apnea: http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...onal_Apnea
Soft Cervical Collar http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...cal_Collar
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
working on the chin tuck need a collar tried to use my hand to hold chip up guess that didn't work
thanks for the help

Post Reply Post Reply
Your revised chart clearly shows no EPR is in use. Try it, you'll like it!
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I turned ramp off
EpR was and is on maybe it's not working? 
TY
Post Reply Post Reply
Be sure it is set to Full Time and the Setting is 3. Your chart shows only pressure, and the Autoset will show both the pressure and EPAP pressure when EPR is active.  This is an example of EPR 3 from another thread. Note the pressure statistics and the mask pressure graph and the settings as shown in Oscar.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=4258]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New sleep study after 17 years? Jim1952 2 117 03-21-2024, 05:33 PM
Last Post: Jim1952
  25 years of cpap, and still not working good Johan van der veen 2 175 03-08-2024, 10:15 AM
Last Post: Johan van der veen
  [Symptoms] CPAP(UARS) user 10+ years, still feel terrible DB10 17 1,003 03-05-2024, 09:37 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Sleep physicians that value OSCAR and the Apnea Board community FrankFuss 26 3,310 02-28-2024, 05:25 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  New to the board: Pre Therapy, suspected Central Apnea MVoltaire 12 474 02-28-2024, 04:31 PM
Last Post: MVoltaire
Question Low AHI for years but tired and low SpO2 spikes down to 85%. Brain MRI abnormal MyronH 4 672 02-25-2024, 11:33 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Back at it after a few years HomerJ 7 539 02-18-2024, 12:08 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.