Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Symptoms] Nose bleeds occasionally with CPAP use
Nose bleeds occasionally with CPAP use
hello, my name is Mario.  thanks for allowing me to become a member of this forum.  I have been a CPAP user for about 7 years now.  my CPAP machine is the Philips Dreamstation.  i use a heated tubing, nuance gel mask and large nasal pillows.  occassionally, like currently now, i experience nose bleeds.  My titration is 10, my heated humidifer i have had at 3 currently and this started a couple days ago.  in the past I have tried every humidity setting from 1-5.  and the heated tubing stays at 5.  when i first experienced the nose bleeds, on my right nostril on the side that touches the part that splits the nostrils, i actually went to an ENT and he cauterized that side to prevent it from bleeding.  it seems to have worked because when the nose bleeds start again, it's on the opposite, left side..again, on the inside of the nostril that touches the part that splits the nostril.  my understanding is these areas of the inside nose is very thin.  but either way, i am confused as to why the random nose bleeds, when for the majority of the time have no issues with my settings for months and months.  i have and use ayr nostril gel, saline spray before and after CPAP use, i also use triple antibiotic ointment on the inside of the nostril while i'm experiencing the nose bleeds.  during the day my nose seems to be ok and just spotty bleed, but after a CPAP use at night, i get up in the morning and behold, it starts again.  i apologize if i am unclear or not understandable in my writing.  just right now with the nose bleed, i'm worried about infection setting in.  i'm sure many people have experienced this and hopefully anyone can offer a suggestions, advice or whatever.  like i said, its baffling why they come on randomly and not all the time especially when i DO NOT change any settings and get by just fine, then there it'll be one day and last for about a week.  thanks for any help.  i appreciate it.  have a good one and stay safe.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Nose bleeds occasionally with CPAP use
I have never used the "nasal Pillows". I would suggest going to a mask such as ResMed Acriva withy nasal cushion. Then there is no contact with ones nostrils.

TheDuke
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Horrible chemically burned bacon smell in nose after water reservoir runs dey icashootnstar 13 1,807 03-18-2024, 09:39 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Staph Infection in Nose: Phaleronic 5 193 03-13-2024, 02:15 AM
Last Post: Snackers
  nasal decongestants helpful with stuffy nose? sleepingbetterinFl 1 150 03-12-2024, 12:23 AM
Last Post: Snackers
  AirFit F20 Irritating Nose Bridge SavvApnea 40 6,969 03-10-2024, 01:38 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Nasal massage and exercises to help nose breathing sleepingbetterinFl 1 170 03-06-2024, 11:11 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Can flow limitation stem from congested nose with nose mask? 40plus 11 645 01-29-2024, 10:22 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Airtouch F20 nose irritation artg 4 463 01-10-2024, 06:45 AM
Last Post: artg

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.