Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Symptoms returning after 21 months of APAP use - OSCAR data included
RE: Symptoms returning after 21 months of APAP use - OSCAR data included
It may be how you are trying to set it. When you dial the number you want you have to press the round button on the front to save the settings or it just goes back to what it was set at.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-09-2021, 12:13 PM)staceyburke Wrote: It may be how you are trying to set it. When you dial the number you want you have to press the round button on the front to save the settings or it just goes back to what it was set at.

Thanks, yeah, I checked again just now and it is definitely showing all of the new settings I selected, which contradicts what's reflected in OSCAR. Strange!
Post Reply Post Reply
Resmed writes its configuration settings at the start of use for any day. If you changed the settings after using your Resmed for that day, they will not be displayed until the following day.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-09-2021, 12:31 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: Resmed writes its configuration settings at the start of use for any day.  If you changed the settings after using your Resmed for that day, they will not be displayed until the following day.

That makes sense. But I changed the min pressure and ramp settings several days ago at this point, and my old settings are still appearing on OSCAR. I'm wondering if there's something wrong with my machine??
Post Reply Post Reply
If you look at the pressure chart, it was close to 4 all night. His settings show min 7 EPR 3.  So the settings it shows is what happened last night.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-09-2021, 12:31 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: Resmed writes its configuration settings at the start of use for any day.  If you changed the settings after using your Resmed for that day, they will not be displayed until the following day.

Okay, I see now - my old min pressure and ramp settings showed on my 4/7 data, but the new settings are showing on the 4/8 data, which makes sense based on what you're saying because I made the change midday 4/7. Is it that the settings just aren't displayed until the following day, or are they also not changed until the following day?
Post Reply Post Reply
They are written to the SD the very first time you use your CPAP for that day. So if you took a nap at 1500 on day X and later changed the setting that evening before going to bed, the displayed settings will be the ones in effect at your 1500 nap time. A Resmed's day is noon to noon.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  oscar data sleeper2460 0 31 1 hour ago
Last Post: sleeper2460
  New user OSCAR data after one week Everlong 2 105 03-26-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: Everlong
  Current OSCAR Data Tylermdugan 0 65 03-26-2024, 07:06 AM
Last Post: Tylermdugan
  Need help with OSCAR data Abhi 5 402 03-26-2024, 05:31 AM
Last Post: BigWing
  Issues with APAP WWYD FlyingUmbrella683 1 86 03-22-2024, 07:21 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  New APAP machine: Lowenstein Prisma Smart Max Robert Detz 10 364 03-21-2024, 07:58 AM
Last Post: WisNaeMe
  First night done, now what? (OSCAR data attached) Stephaniea0213 5 140 03-20-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.