Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Syncing O2 Ring and CPAP clocks
RE: Syncing O2 Ring and CPAP clocks
With my first machine, I had an OSCAR profile with my name in it (newbie) and I was trying to remain anonymous, so I started using SnagIT so I could control the scope of the capture. When I switched to BiPAP from APAP my new profile doesn't spell out my name but by then it was habit.  Big Grin

I took a snapshot just now and it is a lot easier. Thanks for pointing that out.
Post Reply Post Reply
@crimson nape.

Just it terms of using the devices together (machine/oximeter) do you

1. start machine first
2. then start oximeter?

Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
I personally start my oximeter first. When I see the time displayed on it, I start my CPAP. They are usually within a minute of each other doing it this way. Of course, after importing the CPAP data, I change the oximeter filename to match the CPAP's starting time.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have determined the ring's time drifts so I import the data, then I use the PC software to sync to the PC clock. (I load my data on Saturday and Wed. That makes sure I don't have more than four days of data in the ring.) This means I only sync twice a week. I imagine the CPAP drifts as well. In this day and age I can't, for the life of me, understand why devices aren't well adapted to regularly resyncing their clocks to a standard (or at least providing the option to do so).

My ring's display is so weak now, I can't even read it at night. The ring is over two years old now and the internal rattle (so a buzz is not strong) and the display is unreadable. I'll keep using it until they redesign or it dies.

The ring buzzing at 89% is my backup plan in case I get on my back and my BiPAP can't overcome the OAs. If I let the pressure go too high the aerophagia is BRUTAL, so my game plan is enough to handle sleeping on my side and a ring to wake me when it can't.

If only there was a way to figure out the Aerophagia monster and lock it away for good....
Post Reply Post Reply
Updating the time is one advantage to using the ViHealth Bluetooth app. Every time the app connects to the oximeter, the time is updated. If you are using the PC app, you have to manually go to the "Configure" menu and set the clock while it's connected.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I try to keep the number of apps on my phone under control and especially those where I am not as comfortable with where the data is going or who developed it (I know, the PC app is also an exposure ;-). I was under the impression that if you used the phone and bluetooth that you had to then move the data from the phone, since it would be off the ring, and get it into OSCAR on the PC.

Is it easy to do? I liked the PC app because I know the data is on my PC and an easy import to OSCAR.
Post Reply Post Reply
"Of course, after importing the CPAP data, I change the oximeter filename to match the CPAP's starting time"

This to correct for the CPAP's clock drift I'd gather?

Sorry, I feel a bit under the weather today.

Do you find that by using your method that any desats properly follow events as they should?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Uploading Wellue O2 Ring Data to Oscar ggs5 8 648 03-09-2024, 08:47 AM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Caution: Wellue O2 Ring - Time Sync hybernate 9 1,304 03-04-2024, 01:31 PM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Oscar Shows Incorrect Date for Imported from Wellue O2 Ring DanaH 8 509 02-01-2024, 04:16 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
Question How export all days for oximeter (O2 Ring) data only (no CPAP) ? DavidEsp 10 2,435 11-12-2023, 09:18 AM
  How to set up O2 ring for 2nd user BlueSky1958 8 1,382 06-05-2023, 08:42 AM
Last Post: BlueSky1958
  Syncing Wellue Oxygen Ring with Resmed Machine SleeplessInPain 6 1,344 05-16-2023, 08:22 PM
  Wellue O2 Ring data for import BlueSky1958 6 979 05-14-2023, 01:03 PM
Last Post: BlueSky1958

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.