Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

PSA - Never let your DME tell you no. Know your rights/plan
RE: PSA - Never let your DME tell you no. Know your rights/plan
(04-28-2021, 12:31 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: Surprising how much time it takes to get the PAP machine when it's touted as necessary for good health.

Ya that blew me away.

"Hey your dying! BE right with you in 4 months"
Post Reply Post Reply
Dr. Dolittle: Mr. Patient I need to see you right away. The results from the test are in. You're going to die in 3 months so can I see you in 4 months from now?

Bit of an overkill but you see my point.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
overkill. good'n Dave!
Post Reply Post Reply
My PA took a year to convince me that I should at least take the ApneaLink home (at the time the ApneaLink was free -- the hospital auxiliary bought it with fundraising.) I turned it in and she was on the phone within a couple of hours, and I could tell she was freaked by the 79% desat.

Took 2-1/2 months to get a sleep lab study.

Another 2-1/2 months to get a prescription and find a DME in-network with my insurance that was within 100 miles. (That included a great 2 hour conversation with my insurance company customer service rep who emailed me the list and went down one-by-one telling me who was terrible!)

Two weeks to wait until the DME could get the then-brand-spanking-new-just-off-the-assembly-line Airsense10.

I note somewhat sheepishly that when you tote up who was the dawdling idiots in this story, I'm one of the idiots. I think my PA was really the only one on top of things!
Post Reply Post Reply
For me, it took about 4 months, from sleep study to actually picking up my machine. Totally ridiculous!
The system is definitely broken...
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Certainly the system is broke, but financially they're definitely not broke.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Does ResMed plan to upgrade to 5G ? 3disorders 1 485 11-16-2023, 06:38 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Bleep mask covered by Kaiser Medicare Plan (Calif)? vroomvroom 4 816 06-26-2021, 10:22 PM
Last Post: clownbell
  Prescription rights xdocgx 15 2,731 08-05-2016, 10:15 PM
Last Post: Ghost1958
  [News] Home Testing Service for OSA to UnitedHealthcare Plan Participants ApneaNews 0 3,379 03-19-2012, 02:02 PM
Last Post: ApneaNews

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.