Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Taking Home sleep test with snore guard
Taking Home sleep test with snore guard
Plus and minus of taking a home apnea test while wearing a custom mouth, mandibular snore guard.

- 2005. positive sleep Polysomnogram and CPAP until 2012.

- 2012. snore guard seemed to work, no CPAP

- 2016. Another Polysomnogram, thein time Negative for Apnea.

- Present. Continue with snore guard; seemingly successful New diagnosis of slow pulse atrial flutter dictates another Apnea test.

- Question: Scheduled HOME sleep center supervised sleep test. I see from apparatus that it is feasible to take the test with or without snore guard. Sleep center Doc recommends no guard, but I see scenarios where different value in both. I do not find published studies. Test is for two days. I could use guard one day and not use the other.

Any known analysis?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Taking Home sleep test with snore guard
I'm just seeking information on the mandibular snore guard please. I'm looking at purchasing the jot PRO, I was diagnosed about 13 years ago with severe apnea and have been on a machine since then, it has been about a year since you posted above, what is your opinion on the snore guard ? Should I try it? Hoping to get machineless if possible. Thank you.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Taking Home sleep test with snore guard
i would make sure that device has a trial period. depending on how severe your osa is, it may not fully replace CPAP therapy. it might assist in it, but you may still need the machine. 

plus, depending on how far you will need to extend your lower jaw might be completely uncomfortable for you. 

that's why i'd be sure that they have a trial/return policy.

good luck, and report back.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What's the best home sleep test currently on the market? Lucky7 2 101 Yesterday, 04:39 PM
Last Post: Jay51
Question [Diagnosis] Home Sleep Study Results & Feedback togapilot 6 532 03-26-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: togapilot
  Taking Xyrem: what are these respiratory rate spikes DebJ 3 117 03-24-2024, 01:56 PM
Last Post: DebJ
  Home Sleep Study - Low AHI but significant desat ArcherNeedsSleep 65 5,919 03-19-2024, 07:08 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 165 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  Choosing Apnea Mouth Guard newtothis1 9 806 03-08-2024, 09:52 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Taking mask off at the same time everynight sleepyman95 2 173 03-08-2024, 12:25 AM
Last Post: sleepyman95

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.