Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Tearing Eye
Sad 
Tearing Eye
Is my CPAP making my eyes tear?  My left eye won't stop tearing.  I can't get into see my eye doctor until next week.  I'm think I may have a clogged tear duct. Does anyone else have an issue with tearing eyes?  I use a Resmed F20 mask and but tonight I am switching to a F30.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Tearing Eye
is air blowing at your eye ?
Post Reply Post Reply
Wink 
Only what comes from the vent in the hose.  I ordered an eye mask last night to see if that will help.   In the mean time the tears are rolling down one side of my face.  
I look happy and sad all at the time.
Post Reply Post Reply
Cpap therapy can cause dry eyes if air is leaking or hitting the eyes.

I’ve never heard anyone complain about tearing eyes from Cpap use, although that doesn’t mean it’s not possible.

Wearing a mask is a good idea but it may just be an allergy. See your eye doctor if it continues.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, see your eye doctor to get things under control. The doctor might prescribe a steroid eye drop to do that. After that, you can try over the counter Systane Gel Nightime Protection. This process solved my tearing eye issue.
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  DreamStation 2 hose tearing easily K2write 6 873 08-15-2022, 03:20 PM
Last Post: damplc
  leaks (mask or mouth?) excessive tearing (leak or dry mucous?) Ghandi 28 2,521 04-08-2021, 02:40 PM
Last Post: Ghandi
  Airtouch f20 tearing after a few days yankees123 40 9,372 03-27-2021, 04:14 AM
Last Post: Shadowpup
  [Symptoms] AirMini is tearing my nose up! luterilu 0 1,648 04-19-2019, 10:49 AM
Last Post: luterilu
  Unaware of tearing off fask mask in the middle of my slep Ibiban 4 1,566 11-07-2016, 06:59 AM
Last Post: lab rat
  Talk About Tearing Your Mask Off!!! PaytonA 9 2,740 10-15-2015, 10:29 PM
Last Post: DWaldman

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.