Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Technically Treated - To my core Tired
RE: Technically Treated - To my core Tired
...some more on PLMS

Post Reply Post Reply
Its a Honor 5 bracelet.  It was the cheapest and smallest i could find and its made by Huawei so works with my phone.......not to sure on just how accurate it is.  The Heart rate and spo2 appear to be spot on when compared to my oximeter and BP cuff.......so its in the ball park i think.

Just wish i could get an .xls file out of it so i wouldnt have to go blind as i am doing now to see the individual time slots and supposed sleep stages so i can cross reference to my charts in OSCAR.

I am on yet another steep learning curve, but i am sure some answers are there to be found........
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-05-2020, 07:44 PM)tarah Wrote: Almost all of these symptoms can be explained by untreated or inadequately treated UARS.  I don't see how it's possible from looking at OSCAR results to know if these types of breathing problems, if they exist, are being addressed.  What I personally see when I look at your charts is near constant flow limitations.  Maybe to some people, these aren't causing problems.  When my flow limitations looked like that, I felt half dead.

Half dead is exactly how i feel, and unfortunately it has been that way for too long now and having been sent from pillar to post via the doctors and being told they dont know........I am hoping i can find out myself.

(03-05-2020, 08:54 PM)StevesSp Wrote: I too have been diagnosed with depression, GAD and fatigue, and after spending far too much time on the medical merry-go-round, came to the conclusion that the depression was actually a symptom, not the cause. As a longtime sufferer of chronic pain (spondylitis, arthritis and fibromyalgia), plus fairly significant cardiac problems, I believe that possibly any chronic health condition, if not successfully diagnosed and treated (often the case with CFS and fibro), inevitably impacts on our mental health. It's easy to imagine that the 'wrong' set of ailments, which individually wouldn't cause a huge problem, can conspire to make you feel like crap and thus make your symptoms even worse. Not only that, the symptoms often overlap, making diagnosis and treatment very difficult.

For example, sleep deprivation is known to cause depression and depression causes fatigue ...

All the doctors I visited see things the other way around, that depression causes a cascade of largely psychsomatic issues such as pain and fatigue.

So I think it is entirely possible that your fatigue is not directly related to your apnea, but your other (possibly undiagnosed) issues.

Unfortunately i experienced this same scenario and had to go several years via psychiatric and CBT therapy before they would agree my illness was making me depressed not that i was depressed and it was making me ill.

(03-06-2020, 06:49 AM)mper6794 Wrote:
(03-05-2020, 03:12 PM)Geologeek Wrote: just a few more

Hi,

tarah, agree up on what you said, almost totally...

....charts would be not easy to go through yet (please expand vertically a little...put median reference lime in all of them). Even though, I could suggest:

1- Respiratoy-drvien, unresolved efforts, arousal/awaknening you at: 0;40....0;48....1;16;

2- Other issues-driven (PLMS? Catathrenia?), abrupt/sharp events at: 0;34...0;53...2;56...

3- E:I, TV too low, suggesting a Bilevel would bring better results on work out respiratory-driven flow limitations.....

4- maybe humidity too high for UK ?

....once you calibrate your curves, new insights would come up.....I am attaching some examples and interpretations, from my latest record, at december, 2th, 2019...

good luck

Seriously, Thank you for your help and guidance.

I will try and get my head around some of your posts and sort the charts out as requested.........my brain is fuzzy and simple things can sometimes be the hardest to achieve.
Post Reply Post Reply
[Quote]mper6794

....charts would be not easy to go through yet (please expand vertically a little...put median reference lime in all of them). Even though, I could suggest:[Quote]

Sorry, but just so i know i am on the same page do you mean to narrow down the Y axis closer to your levels than the default settings?  like:

Post Reply Post Reply
..yes, thanks

Post Reply Post Reply
(03-06-2020, 12:07 PM)mper6794 Wrote: ..yes, thanks

I have attached the same nights data with the Y axis closely resembling yours.  A few i have winged it as my leak rate is much lower and would not be seen at your scale......

I have attached screenshots for the suggested respiratory driven events at 00:40, 00:48 and 01:16

then the suggested PLMS/Catathrenia (thanks by the way i learnt a new word there) at 00:34, 00:53 and 02:56

now you have gotten my eye looking for things i can see many events through the night that sort of approximate what you have kindly shown via your screenshots.......but wont go jumping the gun at this point until i get my fuzzy brain to take this all in.

This weekend i will sleep with my pulseOx watch, film myself through the night without covers, tabulate my sleep band data and hopefully with a lot of data and video evidence i can see just what is going on.

Thanks ever so much for taking time to help!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
few more

Post Reply Post Reply
and finally

Post Reply Post Reply
mper, of all the charts you've posted, the one in post #43 above at 17:07 is the clearest plm, by which I mean most like the pattern in my flow rate that I'm most confident is plm.

so far, I haven't seen it in Geologeek's charts.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-05-2020, 07:44 PM)tarah Wrote:  What I personally see when I look at your charts is near constant flow limitations.  

Could you please help me by explaining how you see this?

like for example

the green line is at the point where the machine flags a flow limitation, but can i consider the jagged tops to the preceeding breaths show some sort of flow limitation?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] Low AHIs but still tired EntRESTo 1 57 3 hours ago
Last Post: staceyburke
  Low AHI but still feel tired everyday Abhi 3 194 Yesterday, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Abhi
  New- CA CA-Tired help with settings advice jenjabba 8 172 Yesterday, 01:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Question I'm back, tired, and hopeless. But is Bilevel the answer ?? weuw 83 4,973 03-23-2024, 08:16 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Need help... Brain fog and constantly tired pulseoximeter 4 178 03-18-2024, 10:01 PM
Last Post: pulseoximeter
  tired during the day kwolsen 3 134 03-17-2024, 02:58 PM
Last Post: Big Guy
  Help me tweak some settings. Feeling tired again! dexterloki 6 259 03-14-2024, 09:00 PM
Last Post: dexterloki

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.