Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

The Fix the Red Itchy Nosebridge Project
RE: The Fix the Red Itchy Nosebridge Project
Allen, I am glad to hear this. How long after loosening the mask did i take for your nose to get better? Maybe we have not waited long enough.

(01-23-2013, 04:41 PM)Allen Wrote: I had a similiar problem with the itchiness and redness and also put it down to my cleaning agent, as I had to buy a different brand of baby shampoo. I had not had any prior problems up until that point.
Turned out it was not what I was cleaning my mask in, but that I had adjusted it too tight. Once I loosened it off some, the redness is reduced, the itchiness is negligible, leaking is under control and the mask is comfortable to wear once more.

Post Reply Post Reply
I Have a new issue with my Mask THE QT fX
i still have air blowing in my eyes and
my wife complains About air blowing on her from the exhale valve

just can not seem to win

We all have problems hang in there and we will all get our problems sorted out
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, I am the one with the wind sometimes in my face from my husband's mask, but I just sleep with my face turned the other way most of the time. My husband is a very sound sleeper and he does not seem to hear any noise or to notice it blowing in his face (at least so far!) so I have not even brought this up! It is SO much better than the old snoring freight train that used to sleep with me!

(01-23-2013, 05:08 PM)britincanada Wrote: I Have a new issue with my Mask THE QT fX
i still have air blowing in my eyes and
my wife complains About air blowing on her from the exhale valve

just can not seem to win

We all have problems hang in there and we will all get our problems sorted out

Post Reply Post Reply
The itchiness and redness began to improve each night and now it has been about 2 weeks and I no longer have any problems
Post Reply Post Reply
Well, my husband's nose is also better. The PadACheek arrived today along with RemZZZ so I think he will still try one or the other just to speed up the healing process. Good to know that two weeks might be enough!

(01-23-2013, 10:16 PM)Allen Wrote: The itchiness and redness began to improve each night and now it has been about 2 weeks and I no longer have any problems

Post Reply Post Reply
The Fix the Red Itchy Nosebridge Project- RemZZZ Night 1
The RemZZZ Liners came first so my husband used one last night. His nose is hardly red at all this morning and he says it feels better! It was easy to put on and he had no questions or issues with fitting it.

His AHI was 3.1, which is right at his average for the last 60 days, although it had been 0.3 the previous night and below 1 on a lot of other recent nights. That varies a lot so I think it is a normal variation. His leaks were actually higher than normal as well (95% leaks were 6.0 and had been averaging 2.4 for the last 30 days) but still well below what the machine can handle so no big deal.

I also noticed that he did not seem to have any of the noise that I normally hear, which is a sort of "pop" or "poop" when air comes out (either from his mask or his mouth, not sure which). It is never that noisy and no big deal but I didn't hear it at all last night so I also slept better.

We have the PadaCheek here and several other items on order that have not yet arrived, but I am not so sure he will be using them any time soon since the RemZZZ worked so well!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] O2 ring itchy skin Ulysses87 4 760 01-17-2023, 02:48 PM
Last Post: mesenteria
  Itchy nose /Constant mask toggling advice andycc 2 966 08-23-2020, 01:10 PM
Last Post: andycc
  What to do about itchy nose? allanri 10 3,205 09-15-2018, 01:19 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  SleepyHead project needs volunteers to help with documentation jedimark 2 1,097 04-24-2018, 11:24 AM
Last Post: Nito
  ITCHY ITCHY ITCHY NOSE Marnid2014 11 7,576 08-21-2014, 11:16 AM
Last Post: snuffles
  Itchy nose JeremiahOSB 7 4,537 07-31-2014, 08:49 PM
Last Post: PaytonA
  Itchy Nose davek 13 5,287 04-07-2014, 10:23 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.