Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

The date on my Resmed Airsense 10 is 9 days ahead of actual date. Need help to reset
RE: The date on my Resmed Airsense 10 is 9 days ahead of actual date. Need help to reset
(12-29-2019, 05:17 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Specific instructions:
Backup and erase or format the SD cart (32 bit FAT)
Enter the clinical menu (control knob + home button)
Scroll down to Erase Data
Erase all User Data
Exit
Set date and time
Insert clean blank SD card
Do not change time and date for travel again.

Great !  Will do.  Thank you Sleeprider and Happy New Year !   Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: The date on my Resmed Airsense 10 is 9 days ahead of actual date. Need help to reset
I recently slept late and found my Resmed Airsense 10 sleep data was rolling over to a "new" day at 11 am. That is, my sleep data before 11 am recorded properly to Day 1 and my short sleep time after 11 am recorded improperly to Day 2. The full sleep on Day 2 added in the short overslept period of Day 1. So my sleep record was not accurate on either day.

When I checked the machine time on the clinical menu, I found it somehow was set 1 hour ahead.

As one cannot easily turn back the internal clock on the Resmed to the correct time, I decided to simply set my date ahead 1 day but set the time correctly. I don't sync up to any other software that requires the correct date.

I anticipate my future recordings will be a day off, and it will look like I skipped a full night of sleep. If my sleep doctor asks me next visit why I have sleep data already recorded for the upcoming night, I'll let him know what happened.
Post Reply Post Reply
If I remember correctly you have to go to the clinical menu by pressing the big button and the home button at the same time. Then select settings and scroll waaaay down to the bottom to reset defaults. At least that’s what I think I did Smile
"Sometimes the magic works . . . and sometimes it doesn't" -- Chief Dan George in the movie Little Big Man
Post Reply Post Reply
Turning back the time by one-hour is very easy. Just wait until a couple hours past noon machine time, then set the correct time. As long as you don't attempt to turn time back to more than noon the current day it doesn't complain, but since you are now a day ahead, that's another matter. For example to correct your one-hour time change, it would have been easy to wait until 4:00 PM and correctly set the time to 3:00. Now that you are 24 hours ahead, it is going to be more difficult. Choices are to delete user data then set the date and time, or to start moving the clock back several hours each day sometime in the evening. As long as you don't try to reset earlier than about noon, it can be done.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the suggestions. I had originally waited until after noon machine time to try to turn back just the time, but it would not allow me to do that. That"s when I set it a day ahead, to the correct time. 

Resmed, if you are listening, please give your users an easy way to set the correct time.
Post Reply Post Reply
The best time to set the clock back on a Resmed is just before bed. You cannot set the time back past noon. On the machine
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 69 25,713 Yesterday, 05:18 PM
Last Post: fixed it
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 17 342 Yesterday, 07:47 AM
Last Post: Old Steve
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 612 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Semi-permanently disabling modem in ResMed Airsense 10 Sleep87 109 67,592 03-19-2024, 11:27 PM
Last Post: ivanvargas1
  [Equipment] ResMed AirSense 11 compatible pulse oximeters timtaller 63 25,760 03-16-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: e727147
  What happens when SD card fills? - Resmed Airsense 10 Craigtech 1 227 03-10-2024, 04:12 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Setting time and date on Resmed Airsense 10 cmadon 42 32,173 03-08-2024, 09:13 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.