Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Therapy Questions, EPR, CA, Low O2
RE: Therapy Questions, EPR, CA, Low O2
(09-17-2019, 12:56 PM)kingskid Wrote:
(09-14-2019, 07:59 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: See [/url][url=http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-CPAP-Supplier-List?pid=31#pid31]Supplier #19 for the recording oximeter Jaswilliams mentioned.  May members use a recording oximeter and can post charts that include pulse and SpO2.

Thanks SR and JW.  However, I double-checked the compatibility issue of that oximeter and it is not compatible with MAC.  Will check for oximeters with a decent rating and MAC compatibility.  BTW, attached are the charts from the last two nights, which I think are pretty good, but I have a question on whether a higher or lower number is better for Resp. Rate, Min. Vent., Exp. Time, and Insp. Time?  Maybe I should know this, but I don't.  
Oh-jeez 

There are drivers availiable for the Mac and data will import into Oscar even though the manufacturer does not supply software for the MAC
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-17-2019, 02:57 PM)jaswilliams Wrote:
(09-17-2019, 12:56 PM)kingskid Wrote:
(09-14-2019, 07:59 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: See [/url][url=http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-CPAP-Supplier-List?pid=31#pid31]Supplier #19 for the recording oximeter Jaswilliams mentioned.  May members use a recording oximeter and can post charts that include pulse and SpO2.

Thanks SR and JW.  However, I double-checked the compatibility issue of that oximeter and it is not compatible with MAC.  Will check for oximeters with a decent rating and MAC compatibility.  BTW, attached are the charts from the last two nights, which I think are pretty good, but I have a question on whether a higher or lower number is better for Resp. Rate, Min. Vent., Exp. Time, and Insp. Time?  Maybe I should know this, but I don't.  
Oh-jeez 

There are drivers availiable for the Mac and data will import into Oscar even though the manufacturer does not supply software for the MAC

Thanks, SR, but sounds beyond my technical capability.  Wouldn't know where to begin in getting a driver or right kind, etc.   My iMac is too old for a boot camp version of Windows so am thinking of just buying a small Windows computer.
"Freedom is the oxygen of the soul."
Moshe Dayan
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi, all
I might be wrong, but it looks to me this could be one those cases with no solution for the UARS before upgrading to Bilevel. Even some of you (Sleeprider...) already suggest this change. Didn't get why not ?
Good Luck
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-19-2019, 05:32 AM)mper6794 Wrote: Hi, all
I might be wrong, but it looks to me this could be one those cases with no solution for the UARS before upgrading to Bilevel. Even some of you (Sleeprider...) already  suggest  this change. Didn't get why not ?
Good Luck

I am amazed that the most recent titration study did not investigate the use of pressure support and only evaluated pressures 5 to 6 cmH2O, and mainly evaluated the use of supplemental oxygen as a solution.  We don't know the study parameters and objectives as ordered by the doctor or executed by the clinic because they were not stated in the report. It appears that the objective of titration was only to resolve apnea and hypopnea. Since this patient has very few events, but suffers oxygen desaturation due to UARS, that was the endpoint.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  1 Month In - Some Questions rarmstrong26 4 146 Yesterday, 06:45 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,060 Yesterday, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 154 Yesterday, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Therapy help rekaviv 9 251 Yesterday, 11:22 AM
Last Post: rekaviv
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,262 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  MrIvanDrago - CPAP|Bi-PAP Therapy Journey MrIvanDrago 67 3,337 03-26-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Marcin's Therapy Thread marcinpiskala 20 956 03-23-2024, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.