Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Therapy review, possible optimizations
Therapy review, possible optimizations
            Thanks for this forum. it is really helpful to get suggestions on therapy optimizations

Myself 41 year old diagnosed with mild sleep apnea with AHI 11.8 and nadir saturation 83% with home sleep study device, resmed airview. My AHI was 18 in supine position and 2 in Non-supine position. My symptoms before sleep study were tiredness, daytime sleepiness, irritability, and waking up in night for bathroom( 2 times/night).

Using the PR dreamstation for past 4 months. was not feeling better with low pressure ( 4 or 5). after seeing this forum, two week back changed my pressure to 6, felt better with min pressure of 6 or 6.5. Not feeling sleepy and tired during day time in this min pressure. 

But still i am waking up in the night (2-3 times/night) to pee. I am seeing hypopneas, variable breathing before my wakeup event in sleep chart. I did annual check up recently to rule out other problems. I am perfectly okay with my blood glucose level or blood pressure levels.

Is there any therapy optimization that can help with this hypopneas and subsequently avoid interruption in sleep? i am able to do my day time activities with out any issues even with this interruptions in sleep. if there is any optimization possible, i am interested in trying it 

Please share your suggestions.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Therapy review, possible optimizations
Welcome

First you know the PR dream station is on recall.  http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...#pid395733
Trade it in and get a ResMed Airsense 10.  Much better machine.

You seem to have some kind of huge Mask Leak issue?  Go check out the Mask Primer article on the wiki.

You also seem to have flow limit problem.  The DS isn't that good for Flow limits from what I hear.  Try moving up your Minimum pressure to 7 or 8.  Then lets hear back in a few days.
Thank you,
Brent aka Factor

Just a Regular guy.
My untreated AHI was 87.  You can do it hang in there.
"You can if you will"   Jerry Kramer

Got OSCAR?
Organize Charts
Optimizing Therapy

My Story
Post Reply Post Reply
My leaks are happening because of CPAP tubing disconnection done by me before going to rest room. it is not because of mask leak. variable breathing and vibratory snore event just before this leak ( tube removal) also happening in my wake up state. looks like hypopnea and flow limitation events are real ones that I need to address. last night I changed the therapy pressure to 6.5, I will look for improvement for another 2-3 days. after that I will try increase the pressure as suggested and check it. Once we have declared recall, trade in, exchange nothing is possible. DME does not accept any request stating this recall.
Post Reply Post Reply
You should turn off the machine when you go to the bathroom.  It is skewing your treatment numbers. It’s also putting unnecessary hours on the motor. Which will wear out the machine.

Keep us posted.
Thank you,
Brent aka Factor

Just a Regular guy.
My untreated AHI was 87.  You can do it hang in there.
"You can if you will"   Jerry Kramer

Got OSCAR?
Organize Charts
Optimizing Therapy

My Story
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lanners - Therapy Help Lanners 25 979 38 minutes ago
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Jakespeare65 - Therapy Help jakespeare65 28 841 10 hours ago
Last Post: jakespeare65
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,086 03-27-2024, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 177 03-27-2024, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Therapy help rekaviv 9 258 03-27-2024, 11:22 AM
Last Post: rekaviv
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,272 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  MrIvanDrago - CPAP|Bi-PAP Therapy Journey MrIvanDrago 67 3,367 03-26-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.