Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Therapy suggestion threads: Can they be standardized?
Therapy suggestion threads: Can they be standardized?
Hi,

I have a suggestion for threads about therapy management. There are many threads about personalized suggestions for CPAP therapy and they all have different subject headings. For example, my thread's subject is: First night with CPAP, suggesions? It is now 5 pages long and I am way past first night (I am almost at 1.5 months), so when someone reads the subject, they'll think there are 5 pages of suggestions for the first night, which isn't really accurate. Wouldn't it be better to have a more standardized approach to the subject naming convention for therapy management threads? For example: "Threapy suggestion thread for DrMaestro" or add  a specific square bracket title before them [Therapy Monitoring] / [Therapy Suggestion] / [Treatment Progress], etc, etc...

Thanks...
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Therapy suggestion threads: Can they be standardized?
A lot of threads change direction as they mature. If you feel one of your thread's title needs editing, PM a moderator or an administrator. Please include the current thread title, or the link to it, and the title you wish it be changed to.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-29-2020, 02:48 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: A lot of threads change direction as they mature.  

That's the reason I've created this post. There are lots of threads like "Newbie needs help." or a variation and the user isn't a newbie anymore and the topic is mostly about optimizing the therapy, so the subject might reflect that. I feel that it would be nice if a reader could look at the subject and understand that it is a therapy progression/modification thread.
Post Reply Post Reply
When and if the O.P. makes a request, we will try to accommodate them. So far I'm unaware of any such requests.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Every now and then we do modify a title.

Anyone who wants a title change request that from a moderator
Post Reply Post Reply
drmastero,
If you like, we could take your thread you mentioned titled First night with CPAP, suggesions? and split it off at Post #44 when you switched to VAuto, make a new thread with a different title.  

Or keep in all in the current thread as is and add to the title as you suggest [Continuing therapy using VAuto] or anything you like.

Your call...let me know.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
OpalRose, thanks. I think it is better to keep it in a single thread. The title could remain as it is, that's ok for me. I just gave it as an example, I don't have any problems with it.
Post Reply Post Reply
Drmaestro, I would suggest we change your thread title to "Therapy-Airsense 10 Autoset to Aircurve 10 Vauto"
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

Post Reply Post Reply
Just a note of reference, sometimes a Moderator will go ahead and unilaterally update a thread title that isn't very descriptive.

For instance a thread in which  a new member asks for help in adjusting pressure on an AirSense 10 Autoset might initially have this thread title:

"Newbie needs help"

A Moderator may add a few words in brackets, like this:

"Newbie needs help [adjusting pressure on AirSense 10 Autoset]"

Sometimes we do this without the member asking for it (after there has been a few posts so we get the gist of the thread content);  other times we do it in response to a member request.

The problem is that the OP (Original Poster) is the one who creates the thread title, therefore it's rather difficult to enforce any sort of "standardization" for thread titles.

Coffee
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Post Reply Post Reply
(06-29-2020, 05:10 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Drmaestro, I would suggest we change your thread title to "Therapy-Airsense 10 Autoset to Aircurve 10 Vauto"

We can do that, it would make sense Sleeprider.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lanners - Therapy Help Lanners 25 986 1 hour ago
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Jakespeare65 - Therapy Help jakespeare65 28 842 11 hours ago
Last Post: jakespeare65
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,086 03-27-2024, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 178 03-27-2024, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Therapy help rekaviv 9 259 03-27-2024, 11:22 AM
Last Post: rekaviv
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,272 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  MrIvanDrago - CPAP|Bi-PAP Therapy Journey MrIvanDrago 67 3,367 03-26-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.