Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

There's currently a hold on selling Dreamstations [new DreamStation 2 coming soon]
There's currently a hold on selling Dreamstations [new DreamStation 2 coming soon]
FYI

From a Reddit post

[PSA] For Dreamstation users that recently got a new machine
[Image: renderTimingPixel.png]

There's currently a hold on selling Dreamstations and most likely a recall incoming on recent Phillips Resipronics Inc Dreamstation machines. (I don't have a good timeline) It's been very hush hush about what seems to be the issue, but working at one of the largest distributors of CPAP supplies in the US as well as Machines (We set and deliver approx 65,000 machines a year) I can tell you something is coming. I've rarely seen this with any product, let alone a machine.
The new Dreamstation 2's that were set to release by EOY was pushed out early to replace most companies current stock of Dreamstations due to concerns with the product.
Be prepared and keep a look out for the recall!
Our on site LPN's have advised people currently using one to NOT stop using it, so my professional assumption is something is wrong with the durability or quality of some of the parts used.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: There's currently a hold on selling Dreamstations
FYI, OSCAR 1.2.0 does not recognize the Dreamstation 2.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
I wasn't even aware that the DreamStation 2's were being sold yet.

I think it would be of interest to the general forum membership...  it's okay to re-post stuff like this for educational purposes (it's allowed under Fair Use).

Gideon - is it okay if one of the Mods moved this thread to the Main Forum?
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Never a problem, feel free to move it to the main forum.

Our 'neighbors' at the CPAP store say it is just in. and has a Preorder Now button. I see no evidence of an SD card.
Post Reply Post Reply
Interesting of course, especially to users of these machines, but what caught MY eye was the statement that just this one supplier ships SIXTY FIVE THOUSAND machines per year!!!!

What's the average cost in USD? Even if it is just $500, that's almost $33M turnover. Then there's all the consumables like masks, spare parts, filters ... Shock-2
Post Reply Post Reply
Until insurance companies no longer require proving usage hours to pay for the machine there will always be a need for SD cards. There are many areas in my town with no cell phone coverage and many areas in my state with no cell phone or broadband.

This is from the user manual posted on the FCC website. See item 8.

Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, it has a SD card as can be seen in the user manual.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Fascinating. Who'd a thunk ScreamStation with issues. Then recalls, wow.

Huhsign
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Since this thread is now in the main forum area, I'd like to request anyone that has purchased the new Dreamstation 2 to provide data to the Oscar Development team at this Dropbox location https://www.dropbox.com/request/REp6AH7LCGyeOcXfOokH The complete contents of the root directory and all folders should be zipped and sent with the subject being Dreamstation 2.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
And also, if anyone gets ahold of the actual Clinician Setup Manual (Provider Manual) for the DreamStation 2 machine(s), please either scan it or email a PDF copy to me at apneaboard@gmail.com, or you could photocopy it and send a printed-out copy to our forum PO box at:

Apnea Board
P.O. Box 62
Dixon, IL 61021
U.S.A.

I'm certain we'll soon have folks requesting the Clinician Manual for these machines.

Thanks
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] Solvent smell coming from new Airsense 11 ducknoir 22 7,226 03-06-2024, 07:06 PM
Last Post: Teddyg
Question Just given a Phillips Dreamstation 2 the same day Phillips agrees to stop selling Montacute 39 1,469 02-09-2024, 11:54 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question [News] RESMED CHANGES COMING? srlevine1 6 988 12-30-2023, 12:31 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Centrals coming back Gperry 9 692 12-05-2023, 12:23 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  6+ of CPAP, but symptoms are coming back for some reason terrytorres 7 638 09-22-2023, 10:01 AM
Last Post: sauerkraut
  Are my symptoms even coming from sleep apnea? OSCAR attached apmea 8 864 08-23-2023, 12:25 PM
Last Post: Dormeo
  Does anyone know of new cpap masks coming out this year? Jimnyc2000 9 1,051 06-08-2023, 07:53 PM
Last Post: Bostonsnow

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.