Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Twobigwheels - CPAP Therapy Journey
New Pacemaker and AHI in a reclined position
I had a history of bradycardia (I'm a cyclist & heart otherwise healthy) and had a pacemaker installed yesterday. 

I slept in recliner last night vs in bed on side, due to being uncomfortable.

*Besides local Anesthetic, my sedation was twilight @ 11am: No other pain meds taken besides Acetaminophen (Tylenol): OK, plus some OTC sleep aids I normally take.

Upon wake up, felt like I slept Ok, despite qty 2 bathroom breaks where I quickly fell back asleep.

Cpap setup the same as in bed, on side. *There was a period due to injury I slept in recliner and my CPAP pressures were higher.

Present CPAP pressure fixed @ 10, w/EPR Full Time @ 3

AHI shot up to 3.74 (CA@2.29, RE@2.54, OA@0.5, H@1.00).

AHI avg for previous 37 days was 1.00 (primarily of CA@0.74)

Questions are:
1)Does anyone have experience with Pacemaker before and after?
2)How much of this is positional with being on back for the most part on recliner? (I could "dig" for old settings)
3)Any CPCP setting recommendations while I'm sleeping in recliner? 
4)Maybe anesthesia related: Dr didn't want me driving for 24hrs, wanted anesthesia affects to wear off
Post Reply Post Reply
Very High Mask Pressure before CA
[attachment=53288][attachment=53288][attachment=53288][attachment=53288]Noticed this 3x last night. I see this occasionally on random nights.

CPAP Set @ 10: EPR 3

I do take 5mg of Ambien 2x a week. This was one of those night, but never noticed this on other ambien nights

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Recent Pacemaker = noticeably higher AHI
Boston Scientific Pacemaker L131 implanted 8/7 and follow up with a slight tune 8/17 during follow up to help alleviate lightheadness when standing up.
Overall feeling noticeably better since PM (pacemaker). 
But AHI, specifically CA's (Clear Airway) a bit higher. AHI average hovering around 3 post PM vs around 1 pre PM
My settings are the same (I'll double check again) along with position in bed, etc
CPAP @ 10, EPR @ 3 Full Time
Any CPAP/PM users with any experience.
I'm overall healthy, cycling regularly. Only reason for PM was Bradycardia (low heart rate), all other parts of heart healthy
Post Reply Post Reply
Not feeling rested
A little background. Craniotomy for Olfactory Groove Meningioma 11/2021. Pacemaker implant for Bradycardia 8/7/2023. Been cleared from both and try to be physically active cycling and and exercise in general 6-7hrs a week. 
Felt really good after pacemaker, but my impression was my AHI crept up afterwards. Maybe it was being off of work for a month...but I thought I felt more rested the 1st month or 2 after pacemaker.
It was a long way to get to my present CPAP settings thru trial and error. Was on auto, settled on CPAP and went up to EPR 3. Had pressure on 12 and it's been on 10 for awhile with intent to get CA's down.
Sleeping on side and using cervical helps AHI.
AHI predominantly CA's.
Want to try a CPAP setting change. Admittedly will have conversation with pacemaker tech and see if they made changes along the way that may have affected me at night. Ex: Sensitivity to movement.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Twobigwheels - CPAP Therapy Journey
Twobigwheels - Since all your previous 9 threads dealt with your CPAP therapy, I have merged them into one thread. This allows the reader a central point to view your history. This also prevents cross-posts and duplication. Please keep all further posts that deal with your therapy in this thread. To provide a more inclusive thread title, I have renamed it to, "Twobigwheels - CPAP Therapy Journey".

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] Starting therapy - 3 days in, help and recommendations joedes 5 195 48 minutes ago
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  lisaistired - Therapy Thread and Questions lisaistired 21 957 2 hours ago
Last Post: dormivi
  Second attemp at therapy Jonkier 7 157 3 hours ago
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Little Olive - Therapy Adventure Little Olive 76 1,623 5 hours ago
Last Post: UnicornRider
  First time therapy, settings and progress Schernenk 81 1,598 6 hours ago
Last Post: UnicornRider
  [Treatment] The Fox's Therapy Thread (plus help with Dad) The Fox 3 90 Yesterday, 10:09 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  Starting my journey to better sleep - guidance appreciated StuffyNoseDude 2 160 04-21-2024, 07:13 PM
Last Post: Abrecaminos

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.