Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

This may be an odd question, but...
RE: This may be an odd question, but...
(01-02-2015, 09:48 PM)TyroneShoes Wrote: Thanks for contributing to my silly little thread. Thanks Great-info

I don't think it is silly at all. I have found many things have changed since I started therapy. I found some informative information in this thread just as I have in many others. No silliness here, not yet anyway! There's still time though.
If everyone thinks alike, then someone isn't thinking.
Everyone knows something, together we could know everything.
Post Reply Post Reply
Gross 
Grouphug3 I guess as long as there is real, helpful info along with the silliness, then its warranted. We want the info, but we gotta have fun getting it, and I find this forum both helpful as well as fun. Just please don't dare to challenge me about who can get silly, as I am the champ in that department, and you will probably live to rue the moment you brought that subject up lots-o-coffee

Cheers
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-02-2015, 08:25 PM)DocWils Wrote: An individual's body odour is also influenced by lifestyle, sex, genetics, and medication. It is not affected, so far as we know, by PAP therapy.

Doesn't untreated apnea often cause night sweats? Doesn't a higher level of sweat tend to add to the smell?
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-02-2015, 11:45 PM)archangle Wrote:
(01-02-2015, 08:25 PM)DocWils Wrote: An individual's body odour is also influenced by lifestyle, sex, genetics, and medication. It is not affected, so far as we know, by PAP therapy.

Doesn't untreated apnea often cause night sweats? Doesn't a higher level of sweat tend to add to the smell?

To paraphrase a portion of my explanation, the more you sweat, the greater the chance that you are providing a growth medium for smelly stuff.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-03-2015, 08:51 AM)DocWils Wrote:
(01-02-2015, 11:45 PM)archangle Wrote:

To paraphrase a portion of my explanation, the more you sweat, the greater the chance that you are providing a growth medium for smelly stuff.

I gotta ask? As all the people that know me are very surprised when I tell them I do nothing (yellow Dial bar soap) and even if I don't shower for 1-3 days, honestly no one (I have asked) notices any body odor - why? Just lucky?
*I* am not a DOCTOR or any type of Health Care Professional.  My thoughts/suggestions/ideas are strictly only my opinions.

"Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you. Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your Soul, the other for your Freedom."
Post Reply Post Reply
I seem to be sweating more UNDER therapy than I was BEFORE therapy. Not excessively, but more.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-03-2015, 01:55 PM)Peter_C Wrote: I gotta ask? As all the people that know me are very surprised when I tell them I do nothing (yellow Dial bar soap) and even if I don't shower for 1-3 days, honestly no one (I have asked) notices any body odor - why? Just lucky?

A bit of a combination of things, from your skin chemistry to how much and how you sweat.

I never use deodorants, use a non-soap soap (can't stand that sticky filmy feeling from normal soaps) and that is all - I eat garlic, everything, no problems, no smells. My Better Two Thirds only has to look at a garlic and she reeks of it. Go fig - hard for her with her love of the stuff and her Italian heritage. So, body chemistry, or more correctly skin chemistry and sweat patterns have a lot to do with it. There are non smelly bacteria on your skin, too, and they can help in all this.

Post Reply Post Reply
Learn new stuff every day. Neat.
Post Reply Post Reply
You see that Peter_C even your skin bacteria is not working as it should. Non smelly skin bacteria, it should be a crime! Sounds like they are goofing off on the job.
If everyone thinks alike, then someone isn't thinking.
Everyone knows something, together we could know everything.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Flow rate question and clock question The Rog 8 2,425 04-02-2018, 07:29 PM
Last Post: DeepBreathing

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.