Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Thoughts on adjusting own pressure?
RE: Thoughts on adjusting own pressure?
(12-18-2014, 06:32 PM)Galactus Wrote: SleepyPaul has an S9 Elite, am I correct that this is a data capable CPAP?

S9 Elite is data-capable.

S9 Escape is not.

Coffee
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
(12-18-2014, 06:58 PM)SuperSleeper Wrote:
(12-18-2014, 06:32 PM)Galactus Wrote: SleepyPaul has an S9 Elite, am I correct that this is a data capable CPAP?

S9 Elite is data-capable.

S9 Escape is not.

Coffee

Ok, cool, that's what I thought.

Sleepypaul, record teh data get sleepyhead at the top of the page, and post us some screen shots so we can help you further in lowering your AHI under 5 as you'd like.

I thought you had a data capable unit, and now I'm certain Big Grin

If everyone thinks alike, then someone isn't thinking.
Everyone knows something, together we could know everything.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-18-2014, 07:29 PM)Galactus Wrote: Sleepypaul, record teh data get sleepyhead at the top of the page, and post us some screen shots so we can help you further in lowering your AHI under 5 as you'd like.

I thought you had a data capable unit, and now I'm certain Big Grin

Yes, I actually learned about Sleepyhead here before I knew about the Elite. It's what prompted me to have my doc switch me from the Escape to the Elite. I wish I had read more here because then I would have asked for the Autoset over the Elite.

Anyway, I'm not too experienced with Sleepyhead. It graphs a lot of data and I'm not even sure if the Elite is capable of even recording some of it. Which graphs in particular and do I need to zoom in on a specific region?

Thanks
Paul
Post Reply Post Reply
Reading the SleepyHead user manual at the top. I'll figure it out and post the appropriate graphs
Post Reply Post Reply
I have a ResMed S9 and need to adjust the humitity but can only adjust the temperature.
How do I access the humitity to increase the moisture?
Post Reply Post Reply
If you see Temp and not humidity, then you probably have the climateline hose attached and the S9 is set to auto for temp/humidity. If you want to adjust them separately, you need to follow the clinicians manual which you can find on this forum to set temp/humidity to manual.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-19-2014, 10:03 PM)DariaVader Wrote: If you see Temp and not humidity, then you probably have the climateline hose attached and the S9 is set to auto for temp/humidity. If you want to adjust them separately, you need to follow the clinicians manual which you can find on this forum to set temp/humidity to manual.

I agree with Daria but it can be carried a little further. If you are using a Climateline hose, which it sounds very much like you are and it is set to auto then the only adjustment is temperature. The humidity auto mode lets you adjust the temperature which will affect the absolute humidity. Higher temperature, higher absolute humidity. According to Resmed and my experience the absolute humidity is what is important to your comfort and well being.

I use the Climateline in auto mode and if I want more humidity I raise the temperature and believe me, it makes a difference to me. This way too I do not have to worry about rainout since the system takes care of it automatically. I love it.

The other option as Daria mentions is to set it to manual and then you can adjust the temperature and humidity separately but then it is up to you to adjust it so that you do not get rainout.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
just personally I like being able to set my humidity level to 90 percent and not have to breathe desert hot air to get it.

I usually run on max 90 percent humidity on the PRS1 auto aflex heated hose and a tube heat of 2. The sensor in the mask end of the tube assures i get the humidity I set it for and the tube doesnt have to be so hot I cant stand it. Ive never had rainout or a wet tube even in our cold bedroom.

I imagine that works alot like manual on a Resmed though I never had a Resmed machine. Pretty much whatever works best for you.
Post Reply Post Reply
funny, on the resmed temp is in degrees (choose f or c in the clinician menu) and humidity is in numbers. I have been cranking my hose to max temp which is 86 and auto puts it at a humidity of "3" (seen when climateline is removed)

First time I turned it up it was swampy at 85, but then I got a cold, and now I like it.
Post Reply Post Reply
Auto maintains the relative humidity at 80% regardless of the temp setting. The absolute humidity goes up as the temperature goes up in auto mode.

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Adjusting to Nasal Pillow Mask DenKen31 9 988 04-12-2024, 09:57 PM
Last Post: MaskedOne
Question Any thoughts on why my heart rate increases when using CPAP? hejohoo 3 939 04-08-2024, 09:59 AM
Last Post: hejohoo
  [CPAP] Adjusting for flow limitations jane2911 10 486 03-25-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: jane2911
  Need help adjusting settings cokepi 1 160 03-08-2024, 06:46 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  What are your thoughts on dental Daytime Nightime Appliances (DNA)? NoddingHacker 13 2,818 01-24-2024, 05:55 PM
Last Post: Msevcsisin
  Help with reading OSCAR and adjusting settings deirdrepen 2 259 01-24-2024, 11:06 AM
Last Post: deirdrepen
  Your thoughts on my stats Brennie 60 2,668 12-30-2023, 09:03 PM
Last Post: Brennie

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.