Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Tired of leaks, any FFM that does not leak?
Tired of leaks, any FFM that does not leak?
I logged 6200 hours on my aircurve10 vauto and yet i can't find restful sleep, maybe that is why many people just give up CPAP all together.

so, within the past 4 years this is what I think is happening, i loose muscle tone on sleeponset, any pressure of around 7 keeps it open till i sleep, but then in REM i need much stronger pressure, my machine can't rise the pressure fast enough as it takes few seconds before arousal, that is why i always wake up remembering a dream.
Nasal/pillow mask work great but can't pass epap: 7.2 PS: 3-4, although i tape my mouth, air escapes to my mouth for higher pressure causing chipmunks cheeks and arousals, i can not train my tongue as I had multiple tongue base surgeries, so i think it can't hold for pressure more than 7.2 epap
I also needs PS to be higher than 3.4 or 3.6 as less than that and in every arousal i feel heart palpitations/heart racing, for some reason PS at 4 does not cause the heart race thing (arousals still happen).

So i tried FFM masks for higher epap, and PS, theoretically it works ( see graph with the sudden pressure increase before arousal, but i could not bypass the leaks which mess up everything, FFM I tried?
dreamwear FFM, F30, F30i, S&P Vitera (this type of masks have least leaks but does not work as i have deviated septum and it presses on my nostrils closing it).
mods/addon I tried?
Pad a cheek , neck collar, chin straps. 

I still can not get a steady good night sleep from all the arousals despite low AHI always

I also tried mandibular advancement device, tongue exercises, tongue stabilizer, these did not offer even one night of sleep.

[Image: EjEEfja.png]

[Image: rLRulww.png]
RE: Tired of leaks, any FFM that does not leak?
What about trying the Vitera with a nasal dilator device like Hale or Mute?

Maybe one of the experts here can offer suggestions about the slow response of your machine.
Thanks for the suggestion, never heard about those
I use the F&P Evora full when I want a break from mouth taping with a nasal mask.  It does not leak at all for me.
I saw the thread of coffee man and found the mask in stock in the US, just made an order, hoping it will give no leaks , how was it for you? Any tips and tricks?
It's funny after the years I have arrived to the same aircurve settings as you! Hopefully the evora will do it for me as well! Thanks for your insight
Like I said I usually alternate between the bleep mask and the dreamwear nasal. I have to mouth tape with those two masks.  When I need a break from taping I use the Evora full and I find it doesn’t leak as far as when I use it.  The one thing I had to do with the Evora is to put a small piece of the air filter over the exhalation ports to reduce the air escaping, otherwise for a full face mask I really like it.
I have tied most of the FFM listed above with no luck. My sleep doctor, who has sleep apnea, recommended the Air Touch--it is soft memory--leaked foam around your face. I have almost eliminated mask leaks completely. It does need to be worn fairly tight. I couldn't deal with the AirFit one--leaked.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] Low AHIs but still tired EntRESTo 1 44 21 minutes ago
Last Post: staceyburke
  Mouth leak with new machine LaraM 0 31 7 hours ago
Last Post: LaraM
  Low AHI but still feel tired everyday Abhi 3 188 Yesterday, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Abhi
  New- CA CA-Tired help with settings advice jenjabba 8 169 Yesterday, 01:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Airsense 10 - AHI account for leak rate? FriedRice 9 239 Yesterday, 06:16 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  Evora FFM Phantom Leaks psinderbrand 6 284 03-26-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: psinderbrand
  AirSense 10 leak rate baseline issue Phil7 6 1,411 03-25-2024, 05:49 AM
Last Post: FriedRice

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.