Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Tonight first time use of my resmed airsense auto cpap
Tonight first time use of my resmed airsense auto cpap
Dear forum members,

Let me tell you a little about my story :

I did a sleeptest report 6 months ago gor my apnea and get recommend to start with cpap therapy asap my ahi was 107 (added a picture as attachment). I didn’t take it really serious and did not take any further action and just went on knowing that i sleep very bad and wake up multiple times a night etc. 

Now untill a few weeks ago that i couldn’t sleep at all and my apnea got worse i decided to take action and finally deal with this before it deals with me and bought the resmed airsense 10 auto machine , tonight is the first night that i am going to use it and am a bit scared of all this.

The mask that i am going to try is the resmed f10 full mask. I registered with resmed threw myair and can’t wait to see the results and to see if i will sleep better.

Just wanted to write here a message for some support and hoping that i get alot of feedback for my future questions.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Tonight first time use of my resmed airsense auto cpap
Welcome to the forum Ash2000. Glad to see you have the best and most comfortable auto CPAP, and you are getting ready to finally deal with that appalling sleep disordered breathing...you may live longer. The first suggestion is to verify you have a SD card in the machine behind the door on the left side. If so, you can use that to transfer data into OSCAR (Open Source CPAP Analysis Reporter) which is going to tell you much more about your therapy than MyAir (which is pretty worthless). If you need to pick up a SD card, just get one from 16 to 32 GB and put it in the slot. We will be able to help you much more effectively with the enhanced data.

Your machine is probably set to default settings of minimum pressure 4.0 and maximum pressure 20.0. I think you should spend some quality time learning more about your machine by requesting the clinician manual for the Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset here https://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-p...manual#ASK I'm going to suggest you start with the minimum pressure at 7.0, maximum pressure 14.0 and EPR (exhale pressure relief) on ful-time at 3. That will actually give you a bilevel pressure starting at 7/4 (inhale/exhale) and is more effective for most than starting at the default settings. Something to consder for the future is to try nasal therapy with a nasal pillows mask. Much lighter, and you will be more comfortable if you can avoid air coming out of your mouth...most of us can. Good luck!
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome to the club ... while it all appears daunting, cumbersome, and a pain in the a** in the beginning, it will get better as you make CPAP therapy part of your daily activities.

I looked at your sleep test results and noted the high AHI and oxygen desaturations.

If you haven't done it yet, you might want to visit your cardiologist to check for arrhythmias and do an echocardiogram to rule out pulmonary hypertension, a blood test to check for polycythemia which creates more red blood cells to compensate for low oxygen levels at night, and visit a pulmonologist to rule out lung issues. Because of your desaturations, perhaps you need supplemental oxygen which can be introduced into the machine using a nipple on the mask hose -- or directly into the mask (depending on the design).

Best of luck for a good night's sleep and a better tomorrow.
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply
I just wanted to add my welcome, Ash2000. You have very severe sleep apnea, and it's great that you are now starting treatment for it. This is important for your long-term health as well as for your ability to function day to day.

How did it go last night? If it went well, great! If not, welcome to the club. There can be a period of adjustment as you get used to the weird experience of sleeping with CPAP and mask, and it can take a little while to start feeling benefits.

If you want to accelerate your adaptation, try setting up the machine in a room other than your bedroom and using it during the day or evening while you do something you enjoy (reading, watching TV, using your devices). This can help you get used to the whole thing so that your night-time experience will improve more quickly.

Keep us posted!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 22 435 25 minutes ago
Last Post: Pawpri
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 70 25,807 3 hours ago
Last Post: her.suit
  Air11 now does daylight savings time! cathyf 5 209 Yesterday, 06:51 AM
Last Post: somewherein413
  Airsense 11 Time Zone Change ScottZZZ 60 17,433 03-26-2024, 11:56 AM
Last Post: somewherein413
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 619 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Semi-permanently disabling modem in ResMed Airsense 10 Sleep87 109 67,612 03-19-2024, 11:27 PM
Last Post: ivanvargas1
  [Equipment] ResMed AirSense 11 compatible pulse oximeters timtaller 63 25,803 03-16-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: e727147

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.