Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Top of the head tubing connection problems
Question 
Top of the head tubing connection problems
A while back I tried a top of the head tubing connection style mask like the Dreamwear but I think it was Resmed P30i - not sure. When I slept on my side with my head on my arm, the tubing on that side seemed to collapse and I felt a lessening of the airflow or pressure to the mask. For that reason, I didn't like it, but otherwise it seemed to suit my moving around while I slept.

Has anyone else noticed this? Is this a thing with this mask style? Are any masks more immune to this?

Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Top of the head tubing connection problems
I use the N30i and Dreamwear. have never noticed any problem with airflow. That being said, I don’t rest my head on my arm and could see a potential problem sleeping that way vs resting one’s head directly on a pillow.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Top of the head tubing connection problems
I also use the Dreamwear and a pillow with the small foam chunks that you can add or remove.
I believe it absorbs the frame without constricting it. The main reason why I purchased the pillow.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Acid problems and pressure build up in mouth Hurdsy 3 178 04-21-2024, 08:23 PM
Last Post: cps22
  drying out tubing with machine sleepingbetterinFl 4 264 04-20-2024, 05:08 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  CPAP & Ear Problems Steptoe 11 1,565 04-19-2024, 04:05 AM
Last Post: jiyun
  Head position optimization apneavolt 11 434 04-16-2024, 08:34 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Anything can be done for baby with breathing problems Ptee8899 2 380 04-09-2024, 05:57 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  [CPAP] PRISMA SMART MAX PROBLEMS WITH SOFTPAP LEVEL 2 rretamalt 18 2,256 03-19-2024, 06:17 PM
Last Post: motivationalGust
  [Equipment] ResMed Airtouch F20 Cushion cleaning with drool problems. Funkmonkey 2 263 03-05-2024, 04:08 PM
Last Post: Funkmonkey

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.