Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Total Machine hours can be reset
RE: Total Machine hours can be reset
The purpose of the total machine hours is to track the wear on the blower. Those authorized to work on the machines are suppose to only reset the total hours when the blower is replaced with a new one.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
(12-09-2017, 10:26 AM)Walla Walla Wrote: The purpose of the total machine hours is to track the wear on the blower. Those authorized to work on the machines are suppose to only reset the total hours when the blower is replaced with a new one.
Thanks. It actually makes sense. I must need more coffee, as I wasn't able to come up with a reasonable explanation of why hours needed reset.

I do have to consider the possible wrong uses for that reset function. You know when the DME gets involved...similar to car salesmen reputations, the distrust is based on some shenanigans somewhere, however random or rare they may be. No not all are bad, but the "few" that are cause us to suspect them all.

Snow forecast this AM in S/C PA.

Dave
lots-o-coffee
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Most DMEs do not have access to the software because most DMEs do not do repairs. They can't access software or parts - they have to ship it to the authorized repair place.

My DME does local repair, but they are very restricted on what they CAN repair on the newer machines. For instance, they can replace seals, reseat loose parts (say from a fall), replace cushion, calibrate air. But stuff like a fan blower or circuit board repair all goes to the authorized repair places. They don't have the parts to do the other stuff much less change the hours.

I speak of only the newest machines (Airsense, Respironics 560 and Dreamstation). The older machines and machines of other manufacturers have far more repair places and they still get the parts. Resmed and Respironics have severely limited who can do repairs to their machines.
Post Reply Post Reply
Mosquitobait,
Does your DME also supply Philips-Respironics or just ResMed?
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad [Treatment] 10 Months In and Still Waking Up After 4 to 5 Hours Burnsy 3 292 03-14-2024, 11:37 AM
Last Post: Burnsy
  Still Only Sleeping 4-5 Hours Most Nights AustinSV 5 254 03-12-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Big Gap In Readings - Hours of use too short an4g745 12 475 03-01-2024, 06:50 PM
Last Post: an4g745
  Total machine use hours? milogurd 1 278 02-03-2024, 04:00 PM
Last Post: Nightynite
  [Equipment] Seeking advice for reset of time zone richapple 0 196 02-03-2024, 11:43 AM
Last Post: richapple
  Why do I wake up after a few hours sleep? John Reston 6 493 01-28-2024, 02:56 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question Consistently Waking Up After ~3 Hours on CPAP sammyg7241 2 439 01-20-2024, 04:16 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.