Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Travel machine
Smile 
Travel machine
Hello all, I'm looking to buy a travel cpap. I've looked through several threads here but still have questions.  I currently use a Resmed S10 auto and use it every night with great results. For travel cpaps the S9 auto has been recommended on a few threads but I'm also looking at the dreamstation go. Is the dreamstation go really that much smaller when packed than the S9? Without me actually seeing them side by side its hard to get a feel of the difference in size. I know the S9 would have a power brick which increases the overall size and the go just has a power cord. Any help would be appreciated.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Travel machine
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...n-s-Choice

Have you read this thread?
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
When I compare the picture of the Dreamstation Go with the main part of an S9, they actually look about the same size. You can get a used S9 for about $300 (or less). The algorithm is roughly the same, but may be quite different with the Go. How much do you plan to travel? Stuff to consider.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have both the DS Go and the S10, but I'm not familiar with the S9. My biggest disappointment with the DS Go is that they never introduced a humidifier attachment for it, despite promises. In addition I can hear more noise from it's smaller diameter hose. However, I'll use the Go for my travel unless I'm anticipating dry weather -- I appreciate its compact size and lack of a brick. Regardless, I get much better AHI numbers with the S10 so I'll continue using the S10 at home.
Post Reply Post Reply
Forgot to mention, but the primary reason I opted for the Go was its optional battery pack. I occasionally travel where the power supply is sketchy or non-existent. The Go's battery is also relatively compact although I will disconnect it and not take it on trips if I don't expect to need it, since it is heavy.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks everyone for replying. I think that I will try the s9 auto and if I'm not happy then I'll spend the $$ and get the dreamstation go>
Post Reply Post Reply
I have both the ResMed APAP S9 and the Dreamstation Go. I like the Dreamstation Go so much -- a thousand time easier to carry on travels -- that I use it at home.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Travel ResMed recommendations PinehillJoe 11 250 04-19-2024, 08:42 AM
Last Post: sauerkraut
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 291 264,959 04-15-2024, 05:00 PM
Last Post: Poolboy
  Is there a quiet travel CPAP? mcman56 1 107 04-15-2024, 12:21 PM
Last Post: sauerkraut
Cool Smallest travel CPAP setup w/ Transcend Micro kotaKat 5 1,943 04-02-2024, 11:44 PM
Last Post: johnbrain
  Any experiences with BMC M1 Mini travel Auto CP?AP DrJelly 4 772 03-15-2024, 01:18 PM
Last Post: DrJelly
  Is a travel CPAP machine worth it? BobbieM 21 6,360 03-14-2024, 01:55 PM
Last Post: tommystix
  Small travel bag for ResMed 11 + Laptop? NelsonM 9 2,737 02-08-2024, 10:28 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.