Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Treatment] 6 Months still don't feel "me"
Sad 
6 Months still don't feel "me"
So I have been feeling crappy since early teens, I had a Sleep Apnea test done 26/08/22 and started treatment not long after. 25 year old male 175cm 107kgs, pretty fat yeah i know but semi active with work as im a tradie and i do a "sport". After around 6 Months of treatment still feeling poopy when I wake up and a constant feeling of fatigue/sleepyness/out of it (almost like tipsy?) It's really impeding my life and I want to be the best me. From what i've been told I have "the biggest tonsils I have seen" along with deviated septum and had an enlarged adnoid on left side from birth (Can't breathe through left side of nose and right is partially blocked.) My flow limitations seem bad from what i have read on this site and trying to find answers. I have attached what I think is a good breathing pattern and a couple bad ones along with an MRI of my nose recently from thinking a brain tumour could be the reason. (silly I know but best to get the worst outta the way)

reply 2

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: 6 Months still don't feel "me"
none of the zoom in charts are "bad" by any stretch of imagination. All are really quite stunning and that looks to me as though it is very calm sleep.

the breathing at 1:33 is sinusoidal and shallower, exactly as I would have expected during REM sleep.

you are doing great.

QAL
Dedicated to QALity sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
How long does it take to feel "good"? I feel so out of it all the time, Would removing tonsils and fixing nose help? I have mostly had it in cpap at 16 with no EPR and able to keep in on all night with low leaks. I just don't know whats wrong.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm new to CPAP, but familiar with other chronic conditions. Have you been able to check your oxygen levels while you sleep? Do you have any family history of autoimmune disease? I have family members who were told to "lose weight and learn to relax" by doctors for years, but never had their thyroid hormones or antibodies checked. I had excessive daytime sleepiness for years, which turned out to be caused by undiagnosed celiac disease (we're still not great at understanding the non-digestive effects of celiac). I've had some luck plugging genetic info (from 23andme and Ancestry) into Promethease (that part cost $16), and pulling up likely issues. But enlarged tonsils make me wonder if autoimmunity or a post-viral illness might be affecting your energy. I'm not a doctor - just thinking of some of the causes of non-apnea exhaustion that I and people close to me have had, and how we were diagnosed.

Also, have you had your iron levels checked?
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi, Phosin

Maybe you just need MORE sleep?  Try going to bed 15 minutes earlier each night until you get up to eight hours.

Cheers!
Post Reply Post Reply
No autoimmune diseases in my family that I am aware of and I have no other symptoms of Celiac besides the fatigue and cognitive struggles, might I add im Australian and do have a love of beer, although I am not a massive drinker 4 per week would be over average. Just love the taste, so having a gluten intolerance would upset me greatly Smile.
Post Reply Post Reply
I am trying to get more sleep, I know some people on these machines it seems to be a long process and judging from when I felt crappy I reckon its been a bit over a decade, maybe I need more time on it. Just feel like im missing out on what should be the best years of my life. Seeing a doctor in a couple of days I will do bloods, Testosterone and book an ENT (Out of pocket since the Australian health system has gone to sh*t.)
Post Reply Post Reply
I am too new at this to give advice, but I am curious why you are using CPAP rather than APAP mode?
Post Reply Post Reply
Going back to APAP tonight, Just trial and error. The CPAP mode "felt" better to me only got OSCAR 2 days ago went through a lot of my history and havent really noticed a difference between the 3months on apap and 3ish months on CPAP. I also haven't felt better or worse on either. Definitely feel better overall then prior to therapy.
Post Reply Post Reply
Woke up today still feel crappy. Flow Limit chart seems way to high?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Low AHI but still feel tired everyday Abhi 3 182 11 hours ago
Last Post: Abhi
  Feel like my CPAP machine is killing me jimbob123 1 86 Yesterday, 05:42 AM
Last Post: Rich66
  CPAP making me feel very tense while I'm asleep jlpool 15 827 03-16-2024, 05:34 PM
Last Post: jlpool
  Feel worse on lower EPR even though AHI seems the same? LarkinM 10 324 03-14-2024, 10:53 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Sad [Treatment] 10 Months In and Still Waking Up After 4 to 5 Hours Burnsy 3 284 03-14-2024, 11:37 AM
Last Post: Burnsy
  4 months in - Do I have to live with aerophagia? RedNailz 18 1,647 03-09-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: RedNailz
  Going nowhere with ASV after 3 months CaliforniaDreamer 20 484 03-08-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.