Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Treatment] 60+ days of treatment, Lowest AHI 1.44 & Highest 13.39
RE: 60+ days of treatment, Lowest AHI 1.44 & Highest 13.39
When centrals are involved it becomes a balance. The actions that reduce centrals, tend to increase obstructive events. The question is where is the balance that provides the best sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok here is the data from the last few days with changes suggested. Only last night has the foam cervical collar being used but it doesn't look much different from the night before without it on.

Also, with Flex off I feel like I am swallowing air when the pressure is higher... Could I turn flex on to 1 without having negative effects on my treatment?

Please let me know what else I can do to get better results. Thanks.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
CA’s are down a little, but your right...a few more Obstructives.

As stated above, it will be a balancing act. You may need higher pressure to tackle Obstructives, but at the same time, we don’t want you developing aerophagia (swallowing air).

I believe comfort comes first, so yes go ahead and turn Flex back on. Try a flex setting of 1 or 2 (not 3) and see if that’s more tolerable.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Just wanted to give an update and get opinions on if I can adjust anything else.

Over the last week after taking the suggestions on board, my AHI seemed like it was going down each night from high 4s to 3s then to even a fairly low 2 but last night it jumped back up to over 6. I know it will fluctuate but I was hoping it was on a downward trend. The only things I changed last night was my pillow to a buckwheat pillow which I really found comfortable and back to the nasal pillow as the gel pillow was irritating my nose. Perhaps I need to use the gel pillow for better results but my nose can't handle it after a few days... soreness and dry irritated skin. I try using a nasal spray and balm to help those issues. 

Current settings are 8 - 14 pressure and flex set to 1.

Here are best and worst results since my last update. 

Post Reply Post Reply
I'd say hang in there for another couple of days. I wouldn't change anything based on 1 day right now.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Gross [Treatment] Successful Treatment... Still Significant Struggle TiredTim 0 47 Yesterday, 07:01 PM
Last Post: TiredTim
  Central Sleeping Apnea treatment ivan007 5 211 03-21-2024, 12:52 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Are these centrals likely to be treatment induced? thesingingchef 2 118 03-21-2024, 12:36 AM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  New to CPAP - Could Use Some Help For Treatment chrotteg 8 278 03-10-2024, 05:51 PM
Last Post: chrotteg
  New user struggling with treatment bsroberts 0 196 03-04-2024, 10:05 PM
Last Post: bsroberts
  Please help with treatment review DaveL 862 53,008 03-04-2024, 05:06 PM
Last Post: DaveL
  New here, trying to optimize treatment sweetbobby 10 579 03-03-2024, 10:20 AM
Last Post: sweetbobby

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.