Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Treatment] Cheyne-Stokes Breathing and high AHI
RE: Cheyne-Stokes Breathing and high AHI
I'll ditto the VAuto. What O2 ring is it as it may display data on OSCAR?
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Dave,
   I have a Wellue o2 ring.   I will give sleep dr a call in a few days if numbers do not settle down.

Thanks ever one for all the suggestions.
Post Reply Post Reply
Wellue will import to OSCAR, but I think there's a tech trick or some sort to do it. I've not had one of those Wellue rings yet.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
You might have trouble convincing doctor you might need a bilevel.

Your best bet is to not mention the positional apnea, cervical collar and improved AHI with that treatment. Focus discussion on AHI still being high (look at your OSCAR average to give him a number that I assume is above 5), your pressure maxing out no matter what you set it at and continued oxygen desaturations. Say you found a forum to get advice on and that you were able to review data and see that you have untreated apnea, hypopnea and flow limitations no matter what settings are tried and that the forums advice was that a bilevel may be necessary to successfully treat apnea.

If he balks at bilevel idea ask to at least get a titration study that includes bilevel if indicated. That would be an overnight sleep study using CPAP where tech adjusts settings to find something that works.
Post Reply Post Reply
I ditto Geer1's idea.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Worried about periodic breathing / CA patterns Jorgo 43 1,066 7 hours ago
Last Post: Jorgo
  Phillips Dreamstation 2 High Disconnects mrsleepyhead2001 2 125 03-22-2024, 04:20 PM
Last Post: mrsleepyhead2001
  [Pressure] ASV pressure too high. Please Help Mosleepy 27 691 03-21-2024, 10:13 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Oscar Charts: Interrupted sleep with high heart rate xaid 1 104 03-19-2024, 08:15 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Recently started CPAP -- very high proportion of Clear Airway Events matt2 0 117 03-17-2024, 02:48 PM
Last Post: matt2
  COSA, hypoxemia, AFIB, high BP, polycythemia, and CBTI? Motorheadrulz 45 4,415 03-16-2024, 11:21 AM
Last Post: Motorheadrulz
  How bad is this really? CSA & Cheyne Stokes Little Olive 7 243 03-12-2024, 02:46 PM
Last Post: Little Olive

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.