Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Treatment] Flow Limitations, a problem or not?
RE: Flow Limitations, a problem or not?
Starting to get less foggy in the morning, think we may be on to something here...or its the coffee Coffee 
Last night:
[Image: QUsaUCYm.png]
Happy Easter!
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't know if it is a meaningful trend, but I see a slight decrease in tidal volume with an increase in respiration rate an minute vent. I think this is getting closer to normal if it holds, but again I'm unsure of its significance.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
If that was my chart, for just one night. I'd have the following and then review.. It would be good to look at your tidal volume and minute vent.
min epap7
max epap over 9
min PS same for now, but only because PS5 may be too soon.
max PS 15
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
The ASV isn't able to directly change your breath rate up. You will need a ST for that. if you have been on PAP for 3 months, it would be worth checking another mode, to see if the CA have cleared.
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the input, been on ASV for over 3 years, have to very careful with adjustments, just getting the comfort levels sorted out...
Thanks 

Storywizard
Post Reply Post Reply
You may find it's a variation of pressure that is disturbing you. To minimise this, I would target your 95% number on min epap and your median PS./ipap, for minPS. Then to have effective treatment, the max PS is opened up for the machine to adjust when needed. You will get use to this.
If you aren't on opioids, I would also try cpap mode for a 90 min sleep at 15cm, to see if the CA are still there. As you know, CPAP is easier to use
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-22-2019, 07:18 PM)ajack Wrote: You may find it's a variation of pressure that is disturbing you. To minimise this, I would target your 95% number on min epap and your median PS./ipap, for minPS. Then to have effective treatment, the max PS is opened up for the machine to adjust when needed. You will get use to this.
If you aren't on opioids, I would also try cpap mode for a 90 min sleep at 15cm, to see if the CA are still there. As you know, CPAP is easier to use

Thanks again, I understand what you are saying, and as I wrote earlier, in my particular situation I have to be very careful of settings...
thanks again...I really appreciate the suggestions...

Storywizard
Post Reply Post Reply
last couple of days much better in the foggy brain area...had 0 AHI the night before last, this is last night...
[Image: Bbturutm.png]
Thanks
Storywizard
Post Reply Post Reply
You seem to have resolved your initial complaint and are experiencing good results. Making small changes, targeting minimum pressure support seems to be a good strategy, and I would encourage you to stay with that. If you should pass up the sweet spot, it is easier to return to what worked best when you are moving slowing and making careful observations as you go.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes the slow and steady method does seem to be working, no fog this morning, at least not in my brain...lol
Thanks for the support...
all the best,
Storywizard
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Flow rate kink at end of exhalation ahuman 6 59 7 minutes ago
Last Post: ahuman
  Awoken by air flow? ReclaimingMySleep 8 239 57 minutes ago
Last Post: ReclaimingMySleep
  [CPAP] Adjusting for flow limitations jane2911 10 307 03-25-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: jane2911
  [Equipment] HELP - BIPAP-ST Restricting Inhalation/Exhalation Air Flow / Tidal Volume PAPPER101 3 110 03-24-2024, 09:29 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,570 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  flow limitations acceptable levels yankees123 27 1,609 03-23-2024, 02:41 AM
Last Post: CPAPfriend
  OSCAR flow rate assessment -- mouth leaks, palatal prolapse? manders513 9 230 03-22-2024, 06:16 PM
Last Post: BigWing

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.