Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Treatment] In need of guidance.
RE: In need of guidance.
Others will know more, but if my positional therapy is as good as I can get it, then more pressure is my solution to my apnea.

From what I read, you don't count anything while you are awake/half asleep. Awake breathing is full of events, but seldom o2 desaturation.

From what you will read, periodic breathing is a very normal event. I would think it all depends on severity, if it has an O2 desaturation or an arousal with it. You would need to zoom in and see what is happening. Having an overnight recording of your O2 readings, from a cms-50f from ebay for $50, may be reassuring.

It may help to talk to your doctor, to tell you what is important and what isn't, with your apnea.
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
garywych,

My impression is that you are making changes too rapidly. With each change that you make, it takes a while for your body to adapt and be able to take advantage of any improvements or vice versa. I was reading your posts but getting lost in the changes so I kinda cruised over the rest of it. Another thing is that your sleep results can be very variable. Do not make changes due to one bad night,

If I were you, I would go back to the several nights that you had very good results and recreate those settings and ride with that for 4 or 5 days to see where you really are. Posting Sleepyhead charts along the way is great.

Best of luck,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Im starting to get confused and anxious. So I've reset pressure to min 12 and max 16. I had the best 6 nights in a row, in terms of AHI, with that and even slept slightly better. I got ambitious an de increased it to 13 and even tho AHI was 1.6 I woke after 3 hours and had very poor sleep. The next night slept bad and AHI 10.2. So will stay a t 12-16 for while. Any thoughts?
Post Reply Post Reply
agree 12 to 16. your impression of how you felt was better, and also this seemed to be better for your CA response.

QAL
Dedicated to QALity sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm appreciating the input. I'm trying not to get into a panic. Hard work at times lol. Tue night with 12-16 AHI was 10.2 and last night with 12-16 AHI was 13.9. Both nights I slept badly and woke after 3.5 hours and couldn't get back to sleep till 2 hours later then slept badly for an hour then another hour! At 3.5 hours Ahi was 8 and 8.9 but after the 2 hours was 10.2 and 13.9 respectively. I spoke to a technician at local hospital and he said the the higher pressure couldincreasing CAs an de periodic breathing and suggested going down to say 10-14. It's  odd that i sometimes had low AHIs on lower pressures? Anyway I'm a struggling to maintain perspective. I'm so confused. They can't  actually  see me till they get a referral
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New to CPAP, looking for guidance and advice iamJB 16 300 9 hours ago
Last Post: Expat31
  [Pressure] Looking for some pressure guidance lavenderlate 1 135 03-11-2024, 07:50 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Another new user needing guidance Unathletico 1 167 02-26-2024, 07:08 AM
Last Post: grubsztyl
  Brain Fog - seeking guidance in optimizing my therapy deocder 42 5,381 02-20-2024, 10:52 AM
Last Post: deocder
  New APAP user looking for guidance on interpreting OSCAR Data MildOSAHighRera 6 497 01-17-2024, 06:58 PM
Last Post: MaskedOne
  [Treatment] UARS With BiPAP - Looking for Some Guidance Sleepy541 2 414 01-07-2024, 12:59 AM
Last Post: Sleepy541
  Programme change guidance to eliminate apneas FijiFarmer 1 245 01-01-2024, 08:43 AM
Last Post: OpalRose

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.