Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Treatment] Koala1 - Moving to Resmed, aerophagia, please help with optimization
RE: Koala1 - Moving to Resmed, aerophagia, please help with optimization
Update post about my treatment with question about aerophagia which is a problem again.

6 months ago I have settled with settings:
Pressure 8/10.2
EPR 3

Which gave me results:
Average AHI: 0.55
Average leak rate: 0.17 (I had maybe two nights with big leak, the rest is negligible)

I have to say that last year was quite good. I had less and less of brain fog and fatigue in the morning.
However therapy results and my body response change with seasons.
For example, during winter I need to use chinstrap, heated hose and humidifier.
From spring, heated hose and humidifier is not required anymore. And last year chinstrap was also not required.
This year however I cannot sleep without chinstrap anymore, because my mouth will drop open even with tape.

Another problem is that from spring I have problem with aerophagia again.
I wake up bloated after 6h of sleep, and can't sleep anymore.

I think this is main reason why from spring I am not rested anymore and why I have brain fog again.

Wedge pillow, sleeping on a side (tennis ball), collar - nothing helps.
I need to check if chin strap will help with aerophagia. (it was necessary only in winter before)

I start to wonder if I should change min pressure to lower, and check if aerophagia will be gone.
Also I have ordered V-com after reading about how it can help, but I still not received it.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Koala1 - Moving to Resmed, aerophagia, please help with optimization
I try to lower max pressure in order to get rid of aerophagia, but I am not sure anymore if it is pressure problem.

Two nights ago pressure went to 9.8 but I woke up fully rested and with no sign of aerophagia.

Yesterday pressure went max to 8.7, today to 9.1.
On both days I woke up only because I was bloated.

I wonder if cause is in position either of my body or head.

In the attachment graphs from before I woke up bloated. I had some short events that were not flagged by CPAP.
I turned on custom flags for flow restrictions of 20 and 50% that last 6s or longer.
On some days I have 7 or even 12 per hour...

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  help... Suspicous Flow Rate and Flow Limitations, bothersome Aerophagia Barefooter64 17 762 2 hours ago
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Head position optimization apneavolt 11 351 04-16-2024, 08:34 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Oscar CPAP Optimization Results-Awesome!? SeePak 18 406 04-16-2024, 05:32 AM
Last Post: SeePak
  Aerophagia Help - I've tried everything soozgrrl 2 89 04-15-2024, 03:48 PM
Last Post: soozgrrl
Gross Aerophagia Pressure Help! ToddAO 2 135 04-07-2024, 10:31 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  [Treatment] ResMed Autoset 11 Settings Optimization anker9000 0 136 04-02-2024, 11:34 AM
Last Post: anker9000
  New to CPAP, awful aerophagia callamar75 24 849 03-25-2024, 11:26 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.