Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Treatment] Koala1 - Moving to Resmed, aerophagia, please help with optimization
RE: Koala1 - Moving to Resmed, aerophagia, please help with optimization
Update post about my treatment with question about aerophagia which is a problem again.

6 months ago I have settled with settings:
Pressure 8/10.2
EPR 3

Which gave me results:
Average AHI: 0.55
Average leak rate: 0.17 (I had maybe two nights with big leak, the rest is negligible)

I have to say that last year was quite good. I had less and less of brain fog and fatigue in the morning.
However therapy results and my body response change with seasons.
For example, during winter I need to use chinstrap, heated hose and humidifier.
From spring, heated hose and humidifier is not required anymore. And last year chinstrap was also not required.
This year however I cannot sleep without chinstrap anymore, because my mouth will drop open even with tape.

Another problem is that from spring I have problem with aerophagia again.
I wake up bloated after 6h of sleep, and can't sleep anymore.

I think this is main reason why from spring I am not rested anymore and why I have brain fog again.

Wedge pillow, sleeping on a side (tennis ball), collar - nothing helps.
I need to check if chin strap will help with aerophagia. (it was necessary only in winter before)

I start to wonder if I should change min pressure to lower, and check if aerophagia will be gone.
Also I have ordered V-com after reading about how it can help, but I still not received it.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Koala1 - Moving to Resmed, aerophagia, please help with optimization
I try to lower max pressure in order to get rid of aerophagia, but I am not sure anymore if it is pressure problem.

Two nights ago pressure went to 9.8 but I woke up fully rested and with no sign of aerophagia.

Yesterday pressure went max to 8.7, today to 9.1.
On both days I woke up only because I was bloated.

I wonder if cause is in position either of my body or head.

In the attachment graphs from before I woke up bloated. I had some short events that were not flagged by CPAP.
I turned on custom flags for flow restrictions of 20 and 50% that last 6s or longer.
On some days I have 7 or even 12 per hour...

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Head position optimization apneavolt 11 295 5 hours ago
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Oscar CPAP Optimization Results-Awesome!? SeePak 18 350 8 hours ago
Last Post: SeePak
  Aerophagia Help - I've tried everything soozgrrl 2 73 Yesterday, 03:48 PM
Last Post: soozgrrl
  help... Suspicous Flow Rate and Flow Limitations, bothersome Aerophagia Barefooter64 13 650 04-14-2024, 10:57 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Gross Aerophagia Pressure Help! ToddAO 2 126 04-07-2024, 10:31 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  [Treatment] ResMed Autoset 11 Settings Optimization anker9000 0 125 04-02-2024, 11:34 AM
Last Post: anker9000
  New to CPAP, awful aerophagia callamar75 24 813 03-25-2024, 11:26 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.